Best price for Honda DW-1 ATF and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chevys10
I paid $5 a quart for the case in my basement that I bought last summer. With tax it was around $5.40.....

Did you get it locally for that price? If you did please let me know where because I would like to pick up a case. Thanks

Originally Posted By: Tones
Am I the only one bothered by the difference in viscocity between the Z-1 and the DW-1?

I had the same questiom last year, but, based on posts here and elsewhere, it's a non-issue. The reasoning, IIRC, is that it's supposed to be more shear-stable. Both Z-1 and DW-1 should be at similar viscosities at the end of their respective service lives.

I performed two drain-and-fills on our '08 Civic (@ ~ 60kmi) and haven't noticed any difference. The previous owner had receipts for the first drain-and-fill @ ~30kmi, but whether DW-1 or Z-1 was used it didn't say. The previous owner was clueless when it came to cars, but he let the dealer do whatever service they wanted, which included timely oil changes and an ATF change, which makes me happy.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure. The move to DW-1 mirrors Toyota's move to WS, but you didn't see Toyota back spec for the T-IV users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back