half a case of oil weeped/leaked. safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be splitting hairs in the extreme but I wanted to run it by some people more well versed in this than myself.

Ordered a case of total quartz oil, when it arrived I saw it's the old style bottles so I'm guessing it's at least 6 months old. 8 of the 16 bottles were not capped very tightly and have leaked a little oil onto the outsides of the bottles.

Is there any risk at all using these in the car? I'm a bit concerned they may have been stored in a warehouse for months on end without being properly sealed.

If the oil is clear and amber in color, either use it in engine or send it to me. If it smells like whiskey then send it to me for sure and I will pay shipping. Oil has been in the ground for long time and still good for use in engines. If you do not want it send it to me. Thank you in advance.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
If the oil is clear and amber in color, either use it in engine or send it to me. If it smells like whiskey then send it to me for sure and I will pay shipping. Oil has been in the ground for long time and still good for use in engines. If you do not want it send it to me. Thank you in advance.
01.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
They won't go bad if they were good to start with. Never heard of Total Quartz oil. What grade is it? SA?

Safe to use with respect to the oil weeping.

Total is a high quality European Oil. Its popular with a lot of Euro Car Owners especially VW TDI.

Originally Posted By: wolfestone
Ordered a case of total quartz oil
sounds like a question" to ask Total Quartz
wink.gif
Provided the tamper bands are still in tact (are not broken...) I would see no problem using it......sitting on a shelf/warehouse for a couple months is no problem......provided they are sealed
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
They won't go bad if they were good to start with. Never heard of Total Quartz oil. What grade is it? SA?

Safe to use with respect to the oil weeping.

If I remember right Total is a big oil company in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back