LawnBoy Duraforce 10550

Status
Not open for further replies.
What two stroke oil are you guys using in your Duraforce two stroke engines ? The manual calls for 32:1 mix but I'm wondering if I can use the same 50:1 synthetic that I use in my leaf blower ? Or does the Lawnboy need the Lawnboy ashless oil ?

I have used the lawn-boy ashless with success, but you do get carbon/sludge buildup in that down tube and chamber below the deck. (I just clean it out every year, hopefully that will not be an issue now)

I bought some amsoil saber 100-1 because it has been widely recommended and said to burn very clean with no port carbon. Still run it at the 32:1 though, or maybe up to 40:1. The older lawn-boys NEED the 32:1 due to the bearing type used, but I am not positive on the duraforce.

The saber runs somewhere around $10 a quart, and around here those 8oz lawn-boy cans are about $3, so really I am saving money using the saber at 32:1. Run 89 or premium gas also.

Originally Posted By: WItucker
What two stroke oil are you guys using in your Duraforce two stroke engines ? The manual calls for 32:1 mix but I'm wondering if I can use the same 50:1 synthetic that I use in my leaf blower ? Or does the Lawnboy need the Lawnboy ashless oil ?

I run mine all my stuff at 32:1, just like it says on the cap. I love this generation Lawn-Boy mowers once they have the jets drilled out, they are really unstoppable.
I have tried:

G-Oil 2 cycle: Junk. Turned solid in the cold. Seems like they might have it fixed now, but I'm not sure.

Amsoil Saber Pro(Recomeneded for JASO FD applications) - No smoke at all, exhaust port not any different than when I started.

Amsoil Interceptor(Recomended for JASO FD applications) - Startup smoke more noticable, cleaned the exhaust port until it was flawless.

Klotz BeNOL - Smoked a lot, built up nastyness in the exhaust port, left my piston covered with ugly chunks of carbon. SMELLED AWESOME.

Pennzoil TCW3: Standard smoke, slight exhaust port build up.

Jonsered Chainsaw Oil: (JASO FD Certified) left over from my chainsaw): No smoke at all, no exhaust port buildup.

Husqvarna Chainsaw oil (JASO FD Certified): Same as above.

Shindaiwa Red Armor(JASO FD Certified): Same as above (I have a cool brushcutter!).

Mystik Lawn & Garden (JASO FD certified): Baisically Sea & Snow in a quart bottle. Same as above.

Echo Powerblend (JASO FD certified): Same as above.

I have in the que: Mystik Synthetic, Mystik Sea & Snow, Klotz 50:1, Amsoil Dominator, Stihl Ultra (when I have to fire up the saw again, suprisingly NOT FD rated).

My recomendation: Buy a JASO FD rated oil from your favorite store.

As far as ratio, mix it how you like it. I don't want to start a war over this.

TCW3 (Ashless) is for water cooled outboards, not air cooled OPE.

Originally Posted By: MichiganMadMan
Originally Posted By: WItucker

I run mine all my stuff at 32:1, just like it says on the cap. I love this generation Lawn-Boy mowers once they have the jets drilled out, they are really unstoppable.
I have tried:

G-Oil 2 cycle: Junk. Turned solid in the cold. Seems like they might have it fixed now, but I'm not sure.

Amsoil Saber Pro(Recomeneded for JASO FD applications) - No smoke at all, exhaust port not any different than when I started.

Amsoil Interceptor(Recomended for JASO FD applications) - Startup smoke more noticable, cleaned the exhaust port until it was flawless.

Klotz BeNOL - Smoked a lot, built up nastyness in the exhaust port, left my piston covered with ugly chunks of carbon. SMELLED AWESOME.

Pennzoil TCW3: Standard smoke, slight exhaust port build up.

Jonsered Chainsaw Oil: (JASO FD Certified) left over from my chainsaw): No smoke at all, no exhaust port buildup.

Husqvarna Chainsaw oil (JASO FD Certified): Same as above.

Shindaiwa Red Armor(JASO FD Certified): Same as above (I have a cool brushcutter!).

Mystik Lawn & Garden (JASO FD certified): Baisically Sea & Snow in a quart bottle. Same as above.

Echo Powerblend (JASO FD certified): Same as above.

I have in the que: Mystik Synthetic, Mystik Sea & Snow, Klotz 50:1, Amsoil Dominator, Stihl Ultra (when I have to fire up the saw again, suprisingly NOT FD rated).

My recomendation: Buy a JASO FD rated oil from your favorite store.

As far as ratio, mix it how you like it. I don't want to start a war over this.

TCW3 (Ashless) is for water cooled outboards, not air cooled OPE.

I'm impressed that you have tried all these brands MichiganMadMan. I will add to this list the discontinued Mobil 1 MX2T and Mobil 1Racing 2T. My comments were a "puff" of smoke upon startup. No smoke after that. No odors and a clean exhaust port. A lot of mineral based 2 cycle oils tend to drip oil out of the exhaust port, according to many users.

I still have a stash of 30 quarts and pints of the Mobil 2 cycle oil for my two 6 1/2 HP, Duraforce Lawn Boys. If you check your states Exxonmobil distributors, you may be able to still find some forgotten quarts in their warehouses. It worked for me, when everyone thought it was all gone. I plan on having my "boys", the last one standing, and the last ones still running!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back