Why so little mention of Lube Gard products here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only familiar with the ATF additive(red bottle) - the stuff really did work. (none of my cars have AT's now)

Based on "liquid wax esters" - imagine that.

So what about the other products?

I was wondering that too since Lubeguard seems to be very popular with transmission rebuilders.

An even more fundamental question I have is why there is no emphasis on this forum about maintaining a car using the factory original lubricants, antifreeze and filters that came with the car?

Every quality car maker in the world advises, in their owners manuals, against using aftermarket additives in any drivetrain componet. Car makers advise owners to stick with OEM lubricants (which for most cars means dino oils) antifreeze and filters.

I guess for the most part a "how often do you replace your antifreeze " topic is not as interesting as oil and other lubes for most.

There is a antifreeze/coolant thread in the General Section FWIW

I suppose you can start a topic of interest to you about coolants,factory lubes ect and see how many replies you get ?

Originally posted by monarch:
An even more fundamental question I have is why there is no emphasis on this forum about maintaining a car using the factory original lubricants, antifreeze and filters that came with the car?

Factory original oil, who makes Motorcraft oil, Goodwrench oil, re-badged Conoco for Ford and Mobil for Goodwrench. What the heck is OEM about that?
Factory original oil filter, Motorcraft, Purolator, etc.
So let's see now, I can buy Motorcraft 15W40 for $4.50 a quart for dino, when I can have what I want for $6 a gallon.
Time to smell the Consumer side of your sales business, and I am a Consumer and I am smart enough to recognize Sales poo poo.

Thank Congress for the Magnuson/Moss act. I can now use what works best without exorbitant Dealer prices.

[ November 24, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Quote:
"Thank Congress for the Magnuson/Moss act. I can now use what works best without exorbitant Dealer prices"

Amen !!!!!!!!!!!

I have placed lubeguard ATF additivie in 2 transmissions, will use in gear oil soon. Honestly, not sure it made any difference but synthetic ATF has been used along. No major difference but both trannies were fine before adding

Pablo,
I understand Lube Gard hold in excess of 80 Patents on these Esters. Do you know more about this interesting Company and it's various products?

Do they have a internal engine cleaner available?

They have a website Lubegard -people miss the spelling

They have an engine flush that uses "esters". Not solvent based. I have talked to one Toy V6 sludger who said it cleared the gel prior to switching to Amsoil 5W-30. It's a 15 minute product, not a pour in and drive. They say it isn't designed to "improve" seals
rolleyes.gif
and make no statements about slowing or stoppingleaks.

Anyhow I also heard from pros over the years about the transmission additive and even used it with sucess about 5 years ago. This product gets good air time from some of the car honkie "pro" talking heads - I'm not naming names but two guys and a tree with shade come to mind. I know this doesn't make it a good product, but it is exposed.

The company is based in Seattle - I don't really know much inside scoop - I have spoken with two people there - but as usual, no details could be pried - they were friendly, etc. Liquid Wax esters - what the hell, they are liguid at room temp, so?
shocked.gif

I wish I had a fleet of sludgemobiles to test these flushes on....on second thought.....

EDIT= fixed the hosed up link

[ December 07, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

I found it interesting that it reduced the friction on the Quaker State oil the least which means QS is already slick, but it reduced wear similar to Mobil.

Interesting.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
That will be my Monday project to get several MSDS's on these juices, as well as prices and other information.

To the Top for Pablo. What have you found?

I did email those guys and the flush is very reasonaly priced so I bought two bottles for future use.

Whats the deal on the oil additive? Is it a replace every interval type? The friendly kind?
smile.gif

Never mind,I found it. I am still glad I bought some,with a 400F flash I bet it works pretty well and wonder though about the residual and if it would demand a short next oil change interval? I doubt it because of the Ester but thought I would ask for opinions.

They say nothing about this but suggest a oil additive after use that I do not know about and am really not so interested in. Probably not needed, just a way to slip the product in for advertisement.

[ January 17, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

I have the Lubegard oil additive but haven't decided when to use it. I use Mobil 1 and I'm not sure if it adds much benefit since Mobil 1 already has some esters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back