fuel system cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

Does anyone use a fuel system cleaner on a regular basis and if so, what brand. Is it really needed or is just using a brand of gas with cleaner in it sufficient? I used to use Chevron Techron every so often but everytime I used it, my oil analysis would show elavated lead levels. I'm now leary to use any type of fuel system cleaner as I'm afraid it will mess up my oil analysis results. Thanks for any information.

Wayne

I use Red Line fuel system cleaner, isopropyl alcohol and most recently Schaeffer Neutra sparingly throughout the year. A couple ounces in 1-2 tankfuls each month.

--- Bror Jace

I just recently (this weekend in fact) started using Neutra as a small maintenance dose. Just a few ounces per tank. It's better to do it this way than to shock the system with larger doses.

If you have a spark plug that is easy to get too and has a wee bit of carbon on it watch it slowly take the carbon of over the next month or so .

i used that stp gas treatment (white bottle)
is there any reason for this? i did it at 20k and now the car is at 40k and it still is doing it. im giong to add the additive today chevron with techron cleaner...i use it in my honda and had no problems...so we will see.

Guys,
Thanks for the replies and links. I guess I'll just use some and not worry if it affects my oil analysis. The last time I looked down into my intake, it looked pretty dirty and this was even after I used GM top engine cleaner.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back