auto-rx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy auto-rx for both the engine and the transmission. The web side gives me the same part# for both. Just want to make sure before I buy, are they the same thing? Thanks! (yes I did search).

Ok, I just got done reading months worth of threads about auto-rx. I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly:

The car that I am going to purchase is a 1986 pontiac fiero 2.8L with 60,000 original miles, with NO leaks. I do not know the oil change history of this car. I alway run M-1 in my cars but want to clean this one out first, since I don't know it's history.

From what I can tell, I should change the filter, add 12 oz bottle of auto-rx and run for 500 miles.
Then I should run normal dino oil for a 1-2,000 miles to allow seals to harden or seat better.

At this point I can go to M-1 5w30. Now do I need to run 2 oz of auto-rx in each oil change, or can I just run plain M-1? If I do run plain M-1, do I need to re-run auto-rx in the future? If I do redo the auto-rx in the future, do I have to back to dino while running it?

Thanks!!

[ November 11, 2002, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Ross ]

You don't have to run the 2oz of Auto-rx after the initial cleaning is done, it's really not mandatory. And IMO, if you run nothing but Mobil 1 after that you shouldn't need to do a second cleaning later since M1 keeps engines extremely clean. So does Schaeffer oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back