Mens Room Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's something like a mcdonalds you don't know going in there if it's going to be a multi-unit lavatory or a one- or two- holer. You only find out once you go in the door. Then what? You leave? That's wierd too. Just stand in the furthest corner and stare at your shoes.

I was once at a Dunkin Donuts and a lady stormed into the men's room cause the women in the ladies room were taking their time.

I really wasn't surprised at what she did.

Originally Posted By: Bob Woods
What do you guys do when its just one long gutter? No vanity shields!!!

My favorite is Mad River Glen ski area and the trough. If I recall right you face one another.

I've read everything now...you can turn the internet off anytime.

Personally, I'd step out, don't see it as much etiquette, as I hate queuing.

Long stainless trough is pretty much the norm down here, although more uppity places have a row of individual basins, which is essentially the same.

There's a weird trough at work, which is sized to be a "two manner"...it's "cosy". Usual M.O. is stand central and adopt a wide stance, discouraging company...new entrants use the cubicles, or wait.

Once had a manager stride up behind me and say "move over, there's room enough for two", and shoulder in. Standing touching shoulders after being muscled in on is poor etiquette.

As to cubicles, if there are three in a room, males will very very rarely use the central...I've checked with the guys who fill up the paper, and it's true.

This falls pretty low on my list of men's room concerns. A much bigger problem is the significant percentage of people who don't wash their hands afterward. I've seen plenty of men come out of the dumper and walk right out the door. Even stranger are those guys who run water over their hands and never use any soap. What's the point of that?

I know!!!

I always use the towel to open the door, then throw it away. If there's no towel, I use the side of my hand.

It's not the going-to-the-bathroom that's the problem, it's touching the door handles!

I also do not enjoy when there are multiples urinals in a line and someone pulls up next to you and cuts a 30 second [censored].

Not clean.

Originally Posted By: bobbob
I feel if you
come in and both facilities are taken you go back out and
when a guy comes out you go in. Opinions?

It really all depends on two things IF it's a small room:

1) If it stinks really bad from Mr. Number Two, you would really wonder what the guy is doing standing behind you. I mean what sane person would stand in a poop mist to wait to urinate.

2) If Mr. Number Two is making some very spectacular noises, some amazing JATO noises and the guy waiting is chuckling, then he is just enjoying the sounds of nature.

Any of you Guys been to France, or some other Old towns in Europe?

It can be an exercise in desensitization.

Originally Posted By: supton
Meh. Doesn't bother me. Getting too old to care.

Although, once in a while I do get weirded out when a guy will go in, and despite none of the three urinals being in use, will go to the middle one.

Ouch the middle staller ! I hate that. they should use the urinal on the other side and leave one between you. I know at my workplace we have an unwritten code. leave one urinal between you and a coworker, if two of the three urinals are taken use the stall with the toilet in it. it is just the right thing to do. to the OP the guy should have washed his hands and waited until one person was done. give people aome space to do their business LOL ! for the people who do not wash their hands with soap, that is just wrong. I always grab the handle on the way out with a rolled up paper towel. if people are not washing their hands what the heck in on the door handle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Sheesh!

It's become THIS bad???

Absolutely you do not "park" yourself behind another individual using urinal.

This... but maybe not for the reason you might think. I wouldn't do it for fear of someone turning around midjob and asking me what the heck I thought I was doing....And those kind of folks are out there..

Originally Posted By: matrass
I always grab the handle on the way out with a rolled up paper towel. if people are not washing their hands what the heck in on the door handle.

that reminds me of a joke:
Two guys are peeing in a bathroom. One guy finishes and heads for the door. The other guy yells out,"hey, I was in the Navy and we learned to wash our hands after going to the bathroom!" The other guy says,"yeah, well, I was a Marine and we learned not to pee on our hands!"

I'm actually a bit surprised that head honcho hasn't locked this thread yet...
grin.gif

I'm glad it is still open though because it looks like the moderation has eased up a bit so that adults can have some adult discussions and a bit of friendly humor, has anyone else noticed this elsewhere around the fourms here?

Thanks mods for rewarding adults that know how to moderate themselves .
thumbsup2.gif

Way off topic

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
This falls pretty low on my list of men's room concerns. [edit]

Hey pottymouth,

You seem familiar. You don't, by chance, also post on honda forums, do you?

[joke]

regards

s

I guess the site censor program does not like the French word Pi$$oir

It was blocked in my link.

We have a guy that papers everything in the stall. He takes brown paper towels and layers them all over the floor, the seat, the back of the commode, etc, before he does his business. Does he EVER pick them up or throw them away when finished? Of course not.

Another guy routinely walks into the room and urinates right there in the middle of the floor, around 3-4 feet from any stall or urinal.

BTW, I work for the state of Florida at an academic institution.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Another guy routinely walks into the room and urinates right there in the middle of the floor, around 3-4 feet from any stall or urinal.

What the... ??? Is this an act of dissent or trying to make a statement about something? The splatter on his pants and shoes must be disgusting!!

Originally Posted By: TMoto
Originally Posted By: bigmike

What the... ??? Is this an act of dissent or trying to make a statement about something? The splatter on his pants and shoes must be disgusting!!

Your guess is as good as mine. But, if I were in the OP scenario, I'd be worried the guy standing behind me was that guy.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I have a shy bladder, so situations like that I would have to use a stall. Also if someone was waiting right behind me, I probably wouldn't be able to go. Paruresis sucks and can be really inconvenient.
frown.gif

Yea me too. Actually its your prostate that does that (probably). Now that mine is gone that problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back