Revitalizing Old Diesel Fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an old tractor that has been tucked away with 4-5 year old diesel fuel in the tank. When I pulled her out briefly last summer, she smoked hard and was drastically down on power. Obviously the fuel has gone stale. Rather than drain the old fuel (it is a large tank), is there anything that could be added to it that would bring the fuel back to life? I realize that the horse is probably out of the barn on this one, but its worth a shot. Thanks in advance.

One of the better products on the market for diesel fuel storage and stabilization is PRI-D. It will also rejuvenate old diesel fuel as you want to do.It is made by Power Research Inc located in Newport Beach, CA. You can usually buy this product at Marine Stores. Camping World magazine has it listed in their catalog also.

If you can't get the PRI-G then try Howe's Meaner Cleaner or Power Service in the white bottle and normally available at most Truck Stops. I would double the first couple of recommended doses of whatever product you decide to use.

I would also use Schaeffer's 131 or Fuel Power, but expensive to order in Canada unless you are going to get more than just the one bottle of product. I tried to list what I thought would be readily available in Canada. Hope this helps.

[ January 25, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back