Which HID kits are highest quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 DDMTuning HID kits alive and well in family cars, with years and countless miles on them. I have recommended them to several of my friends cars who are now running them. Still waiting for a failure.

Go with DDM.

DDM! is way to go ...

I had before expensive Prolumen KIT ..DDM is as good.
DDM costs fraction of the price.

Last edited:
I have always bought from Phillipshidkits.com and have been very happy with the products and service. They have gone over the top and hooked me up when I ask for multiple bulbs (at least 6 per kit) so I can cherry pick what I want and return the rest.

They have quite a few discount codes floating around the internet for 15 to 30% off.

H11 kit:
http://www.philipshidkits.com/genuine-philips-hid-conversion-kit-h11-bulb-single-beam/

Forgot to add, the Phillips hid kits are on the Phillips AU website where they are legal for install and use on any vehicle. They are sold through the Phillipshidkit website. Oddly, they are drop shipped to you from China. Very quick delivery though.

These are about $250USD for the kits, but are worth it. Get the 4300K bulbs, they are brighter and you dont look like a kid driving a lowrider. Or, get the 4300 and 6000K bulbs and send back one set.

One of my friends recently bought a DDM kit and he told me today that the bulbs are already somewhat blue. Definitely not a quality kit, and he is a person who has done many retrofits before and is saying that the DDM components are not high quality at all.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
One of my friends recently bought a DDM kit and he told me today that the bulbs are already somewhat blue. Definitely not a quality kit, and he is a person who has done many retrofits before and is saying that the DDM components are not high quality at all.

Not that cost always indicates quality, but you can be reasonably sure a lack of cost does not indicate quality. How good can a $50 USD HID kit with ballasts, wiring and bulbs be?

The bulbs start going towards blue as they age. However, that shouldnt be for 500+ hours. However, with the spare all costs - anything goes - attitude in Chinas manufacturing industry, nothing surprises me.

Thankfully, HID bulbs are very inexpensive.

Also, using the cheap China ballasts in these kits is nothing but trouble. Poor light quality, poor bulb and ballast life, RF noise generated, audible noise generated, excessive current draw, etc.

The best kits use ballasts from the OEMs; Mitsubisi, Denso, Matsushita, Hella, etc. and provide a wiring harness to make it work properly. These are the exact same ballasts off late model HID equipped vehicles.

I always use the Denso/Infiniti ballasts and they are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back