2007 Corolla Spark Plugs Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My friend's 2007 Corolla just turned 70k and I was planning on changing the plugs. The car runs fine but I figured it was time. I have the Haynes manual and it says to check and/or replace every 30k or 24 months.

Should I change them?

I bought the NGK Platinum G-Power spark plugs. Are these a good choice for this car?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rk1407
Hi guys,

My friend's 2007 Corolla just turned 70k and I was planning on changing the plugs. The car runs fine but I figured it was time. I have the Haynes manual and it says to check and/or replace every 30k or 24 months.

Should I change them?

I bought the NGK Platinum G-Power spark plugs. Are these a good choice for this car?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same Corolla and the very same Haynes manual. I am pretty much ignoring the Haynes manual when it comes to service recommendations. IT's *TOO* pro-active. It even suggest adjusting valve lashes and stuff like that. I would go with the factory maintenance schedule. Just my opinion.

Ive got a 2012 corolla. From my understanding, the plugs are good for 100K. I plan on doing them at 75K, so I would do the plugs now as well if I were you.

Originally Posted By: mareakin
Hi guys,

Should I change them?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same Corolla and the very same Haynes manual. I am pretty much ignoring the Haynes manual when it comes to service recommendations. IT's *TOO* pro-active. It even suggest adjusting valve lashes and stuff like that. I would go with the factory maintenance schedule. Just my opinion.

And I would also recommend getting rid of the Haynes manual and getting a proper factory service manual.

There is no reason on this car to replace the plugs before the required interval.

Originally Posted By: dparm
You can use a G-Power, it will simply need to be changed more often than the iridium.

How often should these (G-Power Iridium) be changed?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: mareakin
Hi guys,

Should I change them?

Thanks in advance.

And I would also recommend getting rid of the Haynes manual and getting a proper factory service manual.

There is no reason on this car to replace the plugs before the required interval.

Where is the best place to get a factory service manual?

Where is the best place to get a factory service manual?

You can check the dealer or im sure Toyota has an online subscription service with different pricing for single car access.

Originally Posted By: dparm
You can use a G-Power, it will simply need to be changed more often than the iridium.

How often should these (G-Power Iridium) be changed?

"check and/or replace every 30k or 24 months"

Check them at those intervals if they look bad just replace them. Iridiums are rated for 100K, but if they go bad before then, you're not going to reinstall them. IMO plugs should be check from time to time. Just like the oil dip stick. You don't want to find out too late that something went wrong thousands of miles ago.

Last edited:
I think the 30k/24 mo interval is sufficient unless you're beating the heck out of that motor regularly.

Im a fan of the standard v power plugs. Change them as soon as you feel the need. They are like 1.95 per plug. My mother in law has an 2007 camery, the steering wheel shakes at idle in gear when engine is warm. Thats when I change her plugs. I change her plugs about once a year, it keeps camery running snappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back