Fram Tough Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Topo
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
renos09ram said:
So I should be fine using the pure one with 5000 miles oil intervals.

On Purolator's website, they show the PureONE good for 15K OCIs.

See chart at bottom of the page in link:

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/purolatoroilfilters.aspx
They also rave about how much contaminates it can hold ... the main reason it can go a longer OCI.

They do not say it will go 15,000 miles. If you drive your car over 15,000 miles a year they recommend the PureOne. If you drive less than 15,000 miles a year they recommend the Classic.

You couldn't be more incorrect. They specify this: "Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer."

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/pureoneoilfilters.aspx

Did you actually read what the "table" says???

That link that you posted is simply stating that it is the choice to go with if you do over or under 15,000 miles of driving in a year. It says absolutely NOTHING about oil change intervals. Re-read it, because it says the pureone is good for both instances, driving under 15,000 miles per year and over. Again, it states absolutely nothing in regards to intervals. It actually says this: Which Purolator oil filter best fits your driving style - Purolator Classic or Purolator PureONE?

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
"Does the Fram filter out dirt better than the Purolator Classic?"

Answer: I would trust either filter to the 7500 mile mark. Both are pretty good filters.

Where did that question and answer come from? I hope not FRAM.

The Tough Guard works fine to 7500 miles. It is far from the OCOD in quality. I have used them many times, and my car is over 160,000 miles now, though a Mobil M1-102 is on it now. A lot of this anti-Fram stuff is pure baloney.

Originally Posted By: kemo
Originally Posted By: Topo
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
renos09ram said:
So I should be fine using the pure one with 5000 miles oil intervals.

On Purolator's website, they show the PureONE good for 15K OCIs.

See chart at bottom of the page in link:

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/purolatoroilfilters.aspx
They also rave about how much contaminates it can hold ... the main reason it can go a longer OCI.

They do not say it will go 15,000 miles. If you drive your car over 15,000 miles a year they recommend the PureOne. If you drive less than 15,000 miles a year they recommend the Classic.

You couldn't be more incorrect. They specify this: "Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer."

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/pureoneoilfilters.aspx
You go ahead an change your pureone oil filter every 3 months they will love you for your it. I wasn't implying you could go 15,000 a year on their filter, which I have seen it done. There 3,000 mile recommendation is little out of date, any filter can go 3,000 miles with ease. I was implying that if you put 15,000 miles a year on your car, they recommend Pure One filter along with a host of other reasons.

Did you actually read what the "table" says???

That link that you posted is simply stating that it is the choice to go with if you do over or under 15,000 miles of driving in a year. It says absolutely NOTHING about oil change intervals. Re-read it, because it says the pureone is good for both instances, driving under 15,000 miles per year and over. Again, it states absolutely nothing in regards to intervals. It actually says this: Which Purolator oil filter best fits your driving style - Purolator Classic or Purolator PureONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back