Redline SI-1 fuel system cleaner. Opinions? Ok or No No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

new guy here. Wow what a great board, some great discussions going on.

Anyways I'm running a 1997 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5L 4 cylinder.
been running mobil 1 10w30 (Old tri-syn not supersyn, still buying the tri-syn when I can)

I've been using Redline SI-1 fuel cleaner at logical intervals. I really like redlines fluids, i'm running MT-90 in my trans, D4 ATF in my t-case and 7590 redline in axles.
They make really good stuff.

I've used probably 2 bottles of this stuff in the past year or so, little longer.
Is this stuff awesome, good, ok a big No-No? Any opinions comments?

tried to search, not really discussed

Thanks!
Seth

Redline Fuel System cleaner is one of the best, if not the best out there.

People will say they dont work, but when I buy a used car and put it in, by the next tank, I can feel a difference.

It does not harm anything.

At $4.50 a bottle, you cant go wrong
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Intelman34:
Redline Fuel System cleaner is one of the best, if not the best out there.

People will say they dont work, but when I buy a used car and put it in, by the next tank, I can feel a difference.

It does not harm anything.

At $4.50 a bottle, you cant go wrong
smile.gif

Yeah the price isn't bad at all. I'm glad to hear it's not a "DON'T EVER POUR THAT IN THERE" product, I had wondered for some time but I trusted all of Redlines other great products to protect my t-case, axles and tranny.

Also glad to hear it's good to go because I have I think 3 bottles left, I had a big order of lube from myoilshop.com a while back and decided to go ahead and get some CV-2 grease from them for my CV driveshaft and pick up of the SI-1 while I was at it.

Thanks!

I just used on a Mazda turbo and Sube outback. Both run very well. Has to be one of the best available IMHO. I also use a mixture of Lucas UCL and FPC (Fuel Performance Catalyst) in every tankful (not when I had S1-1 in though)

Most people believe it works well. What also works well is the Amsoil PI and the Schaeffers # 131 which is also much less expensive.

I use RedLine gear oils but in general RedLine is "EXPENSIVE" and I dislike their distribution system more then Amsoils.

Spector
Expensive. Sure is here in Oz but I think you really get what you pay for. Their market share here is rapidly expanding particularly in the transport arena, mainly their gear oils able to handle the heat in the triple header road trains they have in the Outback. Truck diff/g'box rebuilds common at 150,000 miles with 'other' oils

I've used Red Line SI-1 for about 10 years. Seems like really good stuff. In addition to my car never skippin a beat, I've seen just 1/3 of a bottle take an old VW Rabbit from 24mpg to over 30mpg.
smile.gif

I never notice a difference in my daily driver, probably because the cleaner keeps everything clean. I use about 2-3 ounces once each month in my tank. I only go through about 2 bottles each year.

I bought a gallon of Neutra 131 and have been using that most recently ... but notice no difference in the way the engine runs. Again, probably because my combustion chambers are already clean.

Spector, If you dislike Red Line's availabilty so much ... why not become a distributor yourself?? I could use one a little closer to upstate NY.
wink.gif

The only other thing I use in the fuel of a modern, daily driver is a little isopropyl alcohol to remove moisture ... although Red Line's Fuel System Cleaner will remove SOME moisture.

--- Bror Jace

is this cleaner safe for your rubber lines?? i know bob did some research in one of his videos and he said that some solvents cleaned out the injectors well but weakend the seals and stuff. is this oen of them?? if not them im going to go for it. i know red lines oil isnt well but if you guys say that this is for real, then im going to go for it.

on another note i put some of that gumout in my moms 99 mercury villager. after i did i dont have a stable idle. the idle doesnt show unstableness but by the sound of the engine it sounds as though it is hesitating. after i drive it its ok with no power loss. but if im at a light or warming up the car then it sounds unstable. my check engine lights are fine too. weird..just to let u know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back