06 Tundra, Auto Trans (4WD), Amsoil ATL, 31K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the automatic transmission (5 speed) from my 2006 Tundra Limited Double-Cab 4WD. Note the first three UOAs were with the factory installed ATF; after the third UOA sample was drawn, the transmission was flushed (by me, manually) and Amsoil ATL installed. The 4th (current) UOA represents over 31K miles with the Amsoil ATL.

06_Tundra_Auto_Trans.jpg

DinoLover,

No, I am not particularly worried. I have performed a number of UOAs and VOAs now with synthetic oils and lubes, and have found that virgin TANs seem to start out higher in general with synthetics. It is not an indication of a problem. I suspect the factory fill is not synthetic. The fact that wear and insoluables are low indicates to me that everything looks good. I do not think the TAN is an issue at all. I would certainly welcome other comments and feedback on this from others as well.

Btanchors:

I have a 2005 Tundra DC 4x4 and just changed the ATF to the Amsoil ATL also. Seems to run smoother.
I tow a travel trailer and was wondering if you tow anything?
When are you going to change out this ATL fluid?

Thanks

stew705 -

I do tow a 5x12 trailer loaded with two walk behind mowers and a bunch of other lawn care equipment. The whole thing loaded probably grosses at about 3000 - 3200 pounds. It is only towed locally on pretty flat terrain only a few miles at a time (mowing local lawns).

I just changed the fluid, and plan to go 60,000 miles on it before changing it next, which would mean at the 155,000 mile mark (if I still have the vehicle by then!)

Look at the wear metals going to a fraction of even the factory fill first 15k? I think this is further proof that the factory fills need to be drained by 15k and changed on an ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back