Auto-rx maintenance dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patman
2,000km's into 3rd and last Auto-Rx clean. I'll be moving to a 2oz maint dose after, will probably send oil sample then to Terry for my 1st oil analysis.

For those of you running smaller amounts of Auto-Rx as a maintenance dosage, how much do you run? I have a 5.5 quart capacity, would it be better to run 2 or 3oz? For those of you that do this, what kind of reduction in wear metals did you see on your oil analysis results?

I just put in 3oz of Auto-rx to my freshly changed 5.5 quarts of Schaeffer 10w30, so we'll see how my next analysis turns out. I'll be taking a sample in 7000km (4300mi) to compare to my recent 4300mi Schaeffer sample (sent to the lab on Saturday)

This batch of oil is the one I'm going to push for the super extended intervals, so when I take the sample I won't drain it all out.

Frank recommended to me a few weeks ago that the maintenence dosage should be "bumped" up to 3 oz. from the original 2 oz. That's what I have been using in my Sienna ever since Toyota put a new engine in for me (thanks Toyota!).

BTW - don't flame me - I bought the van used and it was smoking on start up at the time and wasn't aware of all the hype going on with the V-6 engine at the time. I am fully aware of it now and did lots of research on this AFTER I bought the van
pat.gif

I am quite aware of how an engine works (I'm not a mechanic but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night
tongue.gif
.....)and change my oil every 5,000 miles or sooner on every vehicle I have owned. I will be changing the oil on the Sienna every 3,000 to 3,500 miles so as to not take any chances with the new motor.

I used 2 oz. per Frank's instructions and use Chevron Supreme 10W-30 ($1.18 per quart from Wally World and SuperTech filters from Wally World as well).

Also,
offtopic.gif
the gas mileage has not improved very much at all over the old engine. Still getting 15 to 15.5 MPG (granted it is virtually all city driving but the EPA sticker states 18 in the city and 24 on the highway). I can hit 20-21 on the highway, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back