Just started Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it in this morning with oil change and this afternoon after work I took off the oil fill cap and I could see little pieces of ??? on the metal under valve cover.
Is this normal? Any harm being done?
dunno.gif

I also put 6oz in the tranny (5 spd manual), 2oz in the diff, and 2oz in the trans case per Mr. Miller's recomendation. It seems like its shifting better, as if I lost 60K miles wear. Crisper. Hard to explain.

Somebody posted a while back that Toyota dealer supplied in in the U.S was poor quality. You sure could find something better after the ArX clean. Frank has special procedure for Toyota V6's, are you following that?

I was only using the Toyota oil for the Rx cleaning. I am planning on using Schaeffers Sup semi-syn after. Yes, 750 w/ Rx, 750 w/o...etc.

Hugh,

I am intigued over the immediate positive results that you had obtained by treating the manual gear box in your Totota, Tacoma or Tundra I assume. I was always impressed at how nice the toyota manual gear transmissions performed. My twin brothers 80 Celica gear box shifted better at 200,000 miles than my 83 Chev. gear box at new.
I've got a 90 S-10 with a manual 5 speed thats a little rough. Keep us informed, I think that I should give it try in my bow tie.

Mr. Miller was kind enough to e-mail me and assured me that the bits were no problem, its just part of the process. No worries.
smile.gif

Pops I sent you a private message, since i did not see any acknowledgement posted from you rather than let the word "Pieces be associated with Auto-Rx to one and all there are no "Pieces" or "Solvents" in Auto-Rx just guaranteed performance. Auto-Rx is a non hazardous metal cleaner that works with rotating oil lubricated parts, safely for you, your engine, your enviorment.

I apologize, Frank, for the "pieces" question. I'd like to say to everyone that since using Auto-Rx my truck has never felt better (except new of coarse
grin.gif
) and would highly recommend it. And I'm only halfway through the recommended procedure!!! Smoother running engine, seems to have solved an idle problem (?
smile.gif
), and the 6 ozs in the manual trans has helped with shifting. '93 V6 114K and it feels almost new.
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BOBISTHEOILGUY:
This is almost starting to sound like an ad for auto rx..
rolleyes.gif

The difficult part of anecdotal evidence is that there is a huge incentive to believe whatever product you use works.The sub conscious mind tells us that we are seeing/feeling differences in operation that may not actually be there but because we want to justify our purchase we may perceive a benefit..

Bob,
I didn't mean for it to sound like an add. I just didn't want my first question (which should have been directed to Frank via e-mail or phone) to scare people away from this product. So many are spooked out there because of all the snake oil junk. I wanted to clarify that nothing is out of the ordinary and the product is working beautifully. I would be doing the same thing I am right now if I'd used Neutra #131 or ??? and getting the same results.

Spector,
Read this link:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000064
Having driven the same vehicle for over 114K, I know when things feel different. Some people can't tell whats wrong with a wheel until it falls off, others might tell if its lost air just by driving. I know the point you're trying to make, I know it happens, but it doesn't apply here.

No problem Toy, figured your happy and that's a good thing, Glad to see you like it.

I myself recently picked up a tonado which is a device that you put into the air stream and when I put it in, I instantly thought it was really working. I have learned from many years of experience to give my self time to take an overview over time as many times I find my self being slightly responsive in a positive manner based only from a mental perspective, expecting some thing and not really baseing it on a more broader picture with MPG calculations and such.

Many people will tend to validate a product or service on a quick view and fail to reconize it's true ability good or bad at first. As time goes on, I have seen where their assesment or perspective will change and realize maybe it was alright or didn't really change nothing.

I myself am still playing with the tornado and have not come to any real conclusions based on the fact I haven't accumilated any real mpg data to support my first impression. Just keep that in mind when trying stuff like the 131, oil, cleaners, or any other items that have a great marketing program.

Bob, be careful with that Tornado thing! A friend of mine put one on his 99 Camaro Z28, and it got stuck in the throttle body during a full throttle quarter mile run, and when he let off the gas at the top end, the engine stayed at full throttle!! He chucked it instantly in the garbage. It gave him no performance boost whatsoever (or MPG boost)

Originally posted by Toy4x4:
I wanted to clarify that nothing is out of the ordinary and the product is working beautifully.

I have used the Auto-Rx in my 95 Ford and the Oxidation and Nitration were reduced from a previous analysis even though I went from synthetic to dino. So I use oil analysis to check results, and to say the least they were fantastic.
I used the Auto-Rx in my 2001 PSD at 1500 miles and ran it for 500 more miles and then changed the oil. I ran this oil, semi-syn, for 3000 miles and the analysis was great.

I used the Auto-Rx on my 2000 Mazda 626. I am using Amsoil 0W30 in it now and will do an analysis next month when I change. From prior analysis using Auto-Rx, I expect good results.

I just did my John Deere riding mower, and my ZTR Dixon today. I added 1 ounce to each mower and ran each for 2 hours and then changed oil on both for winter. With 1 1/2 acres partial wooded, I've got enough grass, weeds and leaves to work both of them good. Nothing unusual on the oil changes. Both run good. I do use the
Nuetra #131 Fuel Stabilizer in the fuel only, on both of these mowers also.

Yes, I have the feel good with Auto-Rx, but I have enough oil analysis, and more to come, to justify my emotions about how good this product has performed for me.

I can't comment on the Tornado as I don't own one, but I do feel good in that I never bought one.

[ November 01, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Just like the Vetteman, my oil analysis results were way better after using Auto Rx! Wear metals came down (such as iron going from 15ppm to 5!), nitration went from 26% to 17% and oxidation from 40% to 9% and even the level of sulfur came down to 0% (from 27%), which indicates my rings are sealing better. I even went a longer interval on the second analysis, making the results even more impressive.

UPDATE:
Just cut open filter from 1st Auto-Rx oil change. I found a lot of gunk in between the pleats. I wish I'd poured the oil left in filter through a coffee filter or something as a lot came out the hole I made in the bottom, too. Also wish I had a Roto-Zip cutter. Hacksawing a round, oily, metal filter isn't easy!
grin.gif

Looks like its doing its job.
smile.gif

(As long as I'm wishing for things
grin.gif
, a digital camera would be handy to easily post what came out. Oh well.
wink.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back