purolator Synthetic Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: morris
today i had the oil changed and the new Synthetic Oil Filter put in. drove for 10 miles all seams well.

What were you expecting to happen in 10 miles of use?

[/quote
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
does that filter have hdmi ports?

I dunno, I thought it was suppose to have bluetooth?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
today i had the oil changed and the new Synthetic Oil Filter put in. drove for 10 miles all seams well.

What were you expecting to happen in 10 miles of use?

Actually I do check my oil (for a 2nd check) after my first drive to make sure after the engine warmed up that there were still no leaks due to the filter and its mount warming up.

ok i finnaly got back to your Qs.
1.i think $12-16
2.i dont have a place to cut it open. but cutting it after a oil change i would learn more.
3. the 10 mile run was to check for leaks.
4.i run 3000 mile changes. i know some say it could go longer, but iam old school.
5. dont know what HDMI is.

ok i finnaly got back to your Qs.
1.i think $12-16
2.i dont have a place to cut it open. but cutting it after a oil change i would learn more.
3. the 10 mile run was to check for leaks.
4.i run 3000 mile changes. i know some say it could go longer, but iam old school.
5. dont know what HDMI is.

The HDMI comment was a joke, its a cable for a HD TV. I would cut it open but you would have to mail it to me. I have the $50 cutter.

i think i didnt make my self clear, " more prone to leaks?" i had NO reason to think that. if i thought that leaks was a trouble i would never have bought it. " massive overkill " yep most likely, but i wont leave it for my kids. for the first time i can spent money like I want. $16 isnt the biggest trouble i have. i have been driving since 1965 and have NEVER had a major oil engine failure and it wont happen now.

Exactly!, good for you. Look to get the VERY BEST filter, for the very best price and then enjoy knowing you're treating your engine like we all used to treat our High School girlfriends. Well done sir.
I get my Mobil 1/ K&N filter for < 8$ and feel good about my 5K OCI on a Tacoma that I hope to still have in 10 years.
cheers!
This reply is to morris's post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back