Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
After following the threads and discovering some people have had no or little success with this product, I find this hard to beleive, as I have used the product RX for 4 months now and had nothing but complete success and complete customer satisfaction, My customers are from Liverpool, north west England , all the vehicles where suffering from, sludging, poor starting,poor performance, heavy fuel consumption,smoking tailpipe, various oil leaks caused mainly by back pressure,
Thanks to Frank Miller and his product,8 vehicles have all been successfully treated, The owners have responded by re ordering the product, for friends, or family,
Part of the shipment I received was sold on to a retail outlet, the retailer has re ordered same quantity from myself , I am at this moment,, waiting for a delivery of Auto-RX.
Looks like the product is slow selling its self
but returnes rapid results
Best Regards
Peter Fitzpatrick (Liverpool UK)

That's really great news. I am sure that it does work, in fact from the many comments it seems to work for an engine in distress. As you noted however, all vehicles were "sufffering"

For the healthy non cancer patient a dose of chemo is rarely a means to a healthier body. RX works for most suffering engines as does chemo for many cancers. For the healthy engine is where myself and a few others feel that it is not necessary and
may not produce meaningful (or noticeable) results.
No argument as to whether it works, just be realistic as to when and under what circumstances it does work. It is not a cure all.

[ July 30, 2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Spector ]

My question to you Spector, is that if the engine was healthy, why would you use Auto-rx in the first place? Since we've owned my wife's car since new, and have used nothing but Mobil 1 changed mostly at 5-6k intervals, and it's only got 37k on it, I feel there is no need whatsoever for Auto-rx in that car, so I wouldn't bother using it there.

But for my 95 Formula, which I'm not the original owner of, and it had a noisy valvetrain too, it was the perfect candidate. With about 69k on it at the time of the Auto-rx treatment, I think that engine was pretty dirty inside. I don't think the previous owner changed the oil very often (this is a case where I wish they had done 3k intervals!)
wink.gif

My 2 cents on this is I currently have Auto-RX in a 73,000 mile Grand National. I have had the GN since new. I haven't noticed any noticeable non-scientific, seat-of-the pants results but I am still glad I used it. One reason I probably haven't been seeing any noticeable improvements is cause the engine is probably very clean. As an example take a look at the pic of my Pontiac Sunbird turbo at 110,000 miles with nothing but Mobil1 5W-30 and 10W-30 oil changes:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/27854020/42014087uIYFJZ

That engine has never had any thing changed internally from the day I bought it brand new. Since my GN has had the same or better maintenance I don't think there was a whole lot for Auto-RX to clean up.

BUT.... since there's hot spots in the engine like the piston rings, the turbo center section and turbo feed tube plus any grit that's not really visible, I was more than happy to buy and use the Auto-RX. Supposedly the factory oil coolers can build up sludgy contaminants and other debris too. Because of those circumstances alone I think the treatment was well worth it. There's a good chance the oil feed line to the turbo may have been slowing gunking up but I could probably bet after the Auto-RX, that even if I upgraded to a larger turbo, I could reuse the original feed line. That in itself would pay for an Auto-RX treatment. Another consideration for me is I want this car to be maintained at the highest level of excellence I can get. Auto-RX is a reasonable way to help get there even if it's not really 'needed'.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents but even though it seems I didn't really need the Auto-RX, there seems to be lots of indirect variables to benefit from that don't seem very apparent.

[ July 31, 2002, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Kernel Potter ]

Patman

I ran Delvac 1 in a Mazda turbo with 114,000 miles on it. Replaced rocker cover gasket and it was super clean in the areas I could see. (but then D1 is a very good oil). But still after an Auto-Rx 500 mile clean its like having a new engine. So very different even my spouse noticed. Maybe ring seal better now but who knows, it was the grit like substance in the filter (PureOne) that got me. So impressed I'm now a distributor!

Patman stated:
"My question to you Spector, is that if the engine was healthy, why would you use Auto-rx in the first place? Since we've owned my wife's car since new, and have used nothing but Mobil 1 changed mostly at 5-6k intervals, and it's only got 37k on it, I feel there is no need whatsoever for Auto-rx in that car, so I wouldn't bother using it there"

I concur. However, as several posts after yours they have noted they use it on healthy cars and feel it improves perfomance. Sorry, but this is how additives companies sell products (not to demean RX) but from a psychological point of view if you spend $25 for an additive your mind is looking for any perceived improvement and guess what, you usually can find it.

Again, I believe it works in a "suffering" engine in most cases but for one that has been maintained (especially on synthetics) since birth well, sorry but PT Barnum may have been correct.

I can't see how a healthy engine would show an improved performance with Auto-rx. It is a good product, but it can't do miracles if the engine is already clean. It can't get any cleaner!
smile.gif

But I do believe it works wonders in engines that are dirty. They should make engines with clear valve covers so people would know if they are sludged up or not. It's not always easy to see inside an engine with the oil filler cap off (I can't see a thing inside my LT1 with this method, but I can see inside my wife's Honda and it looks squeeky clean)

When I looked down the oil filler cap on my 95 Ford, I could see the valve train and surrounding area to a small extent, and it was new looking. I used Auto-Rx with a filter change. I had already done an oil analysis with 8K on synthetic. I ran it the 500 miles and put in Delo 400 dino. I had it tested at 4.5K and the results are great. Bth analysis are in the analysis forum. If the engine was clean where did the soot in the filter come from as it looked clean? As Kernel Potter mentioned abovel, turbo oil lines, HP oil pump ect. and areas I couldn't see without a teardown.
So with the results of my oil analysis, I am running a cleaner engine, and using dino to do the job at $1.50 qt. vs. $5.00 qt. And on a 22 quart system, FF and Bypass, that is a significant amount of $$$ difference.

There is no question that the most dramatic results from the use of Auto-Rx will occur on dirty motors. I have had nothing but good experiences in both my vehicles. The product did a great job in slowing down a rear main seal in my 68 Firebird. The once dramatic leak is very much liveable now. It also cleaned and condition the valve stem seals. No more blue smoke during cold starts.

Same results in a 1990 4.3 liter V-6. Faithfully changed oil since new. I was suprised how much carbonized sludge was removed in the first application.

Auto-Rx is a good insurance policy that your engine stays clean over the years. Without pulling a valve cover or head, how would you know how clean your motor is. Not everything bad comes out during a simple oil drain and filter. Sludge always begins in vital areas, frictional heat sources.

The primary components that would cause performance loss are the rings. I believe that this is where Auto-Rx has the greatest effect on an otherwise clean engine.

That is why I decided to try it out in my grandmothers 161k Olds Ciera 3.3 Buick V6. This car has spent the past 80k miles running Mobil 1, and I have run leakdown and compression tests on it, which it passed, and pulled a valve cover to have a look inside. It was looked like new, but I have a feeling that the rings would have carbon buildup on them, and that the auto-rx will get rid of it.

The Auto-Rx will have been in a month when I go back(she lives in Louisiana, I live in Texas).

I'll see if I can feel any difference.

Spector

I dont think it was psychological that after 800kms with Auto-Rx my turbo had so much more power I required a new clutch. Easily overpowered it accelerating in 5th gear on the freeway. The turbo spools up much quicker. Downside is much more torque steer which is not good, and probably more speeding tickets. Syn oil has a marginal cleaning ability, Arx is 100% cleaner. Its just gonna give you a cleaner engine as simple as that. Even in a 36,000 mile Subaru Outback the filter was full of crap after 800kms. Ran Delvac 1 which is a detergent diesel/petrol rated oil so I was very surprised at the filter condition.
Tks...s

Reading all the posts from Auto-Rx this week from "USERS", validates my judgement in being a corporate buyer and user of Auto-Rx also.

"Spector", no matter how you formulate the words in your posts about Auto-Rx, you're vindictive about the product, just as you were discourteous to me.

The Pammer

I personally agree with Spector on this. If Auto RX (a cleaner) improves the performance of healthy clean engines, then what did it clean?

Back in July, I asked a question about deposits and judging from the low interest and response, I can only conclude that unseen deposits (rings etc.) are a non-issue.

Pammer - vindictive and discourteous? I think that is a major leap.

[ August 02, 2002, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: con carne ]

quote:

Originally posted by con carne:
I personally agree with Spector on this. If Auto RX (a cleaner) improves the performance of healthy clean engines, then what did it clean?

Back in July, I asked a question about deposits and judging from the low interest and response, I can only conclude that unseen deposits (rings etc.) are a non-issue.

Pammer - vindictive and discourteous? I think that is a major leap.

Con Carne,

Read some posts by Terry Dyson.
Yes Auto-Rx cleans the area around rings.
Do you have dirty rings, Hard to tell.
Could be dirty from poor engine tolerances, oil used, gas.
Might not be dirty at all.
You definitely can't tell by looking at the valvetrain or other visible internals.

One thing I do know is without inspecting/analyzing the engine before and after application there is NO WAY to tell if Auto-Rx works or doesn't work.

[ August 31, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: jjbula ]

quote:

Some times, topics get overlooked.

Personally, I think that rings would be one of the few places where deposits would have much effect on performance, others being in the hydraulic lifters, and in turbos on turbocharged cars.

The rings are also a perfect place for oil to coke up.

jjbula, I have successfully used trending oil analysis that uses oxidation and nitration readings to confirm Auto-Rx is cleaning, combine that with emissions testing and you can verify it's effectiveness without tearing down the engine for visual inspection. It's alot cheaper too !

If you put in 2oz of Auto-rx with every oil change, and have every oil change analyzed, what effect does the Auto-rx show on the analysis? Does it make any of the numbers read higher?

Patman,
Go to the analysis forum and on my 95 Ford PSD using Delo 400. I had cleaned with Auto-Rx prior to changing, then added a 4 ounce maint dose. The only thing I noticed was the oxidation was down and the wear metals were down, but no readings from the Auto-Rx ingredients.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back