Auto-Rx Work for Carbon Engine of Carmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next is my letter to Toyota yestoday, no response yet .

Original own Chrysler Concorde with 150K , never have big trouble, transmission broken nearly 155K So believing Toyota has better quality than Chrysler, decided to buy a good condition Camry.

Month ago bought a 1999 Camry from an independent dealer with only 47K miles on it, but test run did not reveal underneath defects,
Now very dissatisfied with the quality of this Toyota Camry.
List of problem:
1.Right front wheel has noise, have to replace the Strut Top at my own expense( I did not know it is under warranty then)
2.Transmission panel night-light not work, have to replace at my own expense.
3.Trunk light sometimes works, sometimes does not work.
4.Gas acceleration cable loose and Throttle Position Sensor damaged, had to replace TPS at my own cost. But the acceleration cable has elongated to the end adjustable nut has reached maximum end.
Over $350 was gone for above repair.
5.Tail light indicator on instrument often lit (which should indicate rear light bulb bad)
6.Driver side door cover ajar 1cm.Can see internal stuff from the gap.
Not Fix yet.
7.Most serious is engine trouble, when starting there is smoke at the rear pipe, at beginning I only noticed the morning starting smoke, because it is very serious like fire smoke, actually it has smoke every time when starting, the only difference is the longer you seat the car, the serious the smoke.
Checked VIN ,this car is less than 5 years and 60k miles, still under warranty for engine, transmission and some other stuff.

Left the car at Toyota local dealer . After check they said it is not under warranty and refuse to repair, had to pay $183 inspection and $52 rental car fee by my own. They said it is possible caused by carboned valves by abusing usage. So not under wrannty. But I believe is is damaged Value Stem Seal, many camry has this trouble.

They let me go back to the independent dealer. Even though the engine warranty goes with the vehicle not the person.

Had to call Toyota Custom service to complain, and call Smithtown Dealer second morning, still they refused to cover repair and said it is by bad maintenance of former owner, ridicules!!! 47k engine defected by owner. And they said the option is to tear up the engine to look into, but not assure the cost is under warranty, the most possible I will pay on my own. It looks like a trick, possible covered, after dismount it, it is cause by bad maintenance, and you have to pay by yourself.
Toyota engine is under warranty, but why I pay. It is absolutely unreasonable a reputational engine will carbonize every 47K!!!

This Camry ate the money in one month more my previous Chrysler Concorde three years repair cost. Thas vehicle always using 87 gas, the cheapest SuperTech oil and filter from Walmart every 6000-7000 miles, never had an engine carbonized issue.

Any one could tell whether Auto-Rx works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back