'Ultimate Engine Flush'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently tested a new product in our locations, and it seems to do a pretty good job.
It is called 'Ultimate ECD'(engine cleaning detergent), and it is sold by C.A.T. products (Run-Rite products). I believe that it is only availible professionally and is not availible retail. Pennzoil/QS also sells a version of this.
It is a one-gallon container of thier 'proprietary' cleaning solution. After draining the old oil out and removing the old filter, a new filter is installed and the gallon of ECD is installed only.( no oil is installed). The engine is then run at idle for 10-15 minutes, and then the engine is drained and the filter is removed. the oil change is then completed as normal, with a fresh oil filter. We modified this procedure by using the shop-air 'power flush' mentioned on another post. I was not too sure that this product would be very effective, but I was definately surprised at how well it works.
black as soon as it was installed.

I don't know whats in this stuff, but it seems to work pretty well.
Has anybody had any experience with this, or know anything about its contents?

[ December 06, 2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

No, the 12 oz. bottles of 'Kleen-Rite' are simply a 'pour in and run with the old oil for 5 minutes' kinda thing. I've been using those for years and thet do an OK job, about the same as others of this type.
The 'Ultimate ECD' comes in one gallon containers only, and its color consistency and smell are not anything similar to the 'Kleen-rite' product.
I am personal friends with the owners of Run-Rite but they are tight-lipped about this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back