How good are Surf City Garage products????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive noticed that WalMart is now stocking Surf City Garage products and noticed that on average they are twice as much as others and was wondering if Surf City's products are worth the additional price??

Wait a bit and they might clearance out because the price point is beyond what normal WM customers would pay and it probably won't sell. That's what happens here when WM tries to carry boutique products.

I have seen Surf City Garage products in my "Classic Industries" Catalogs for my Firebird and other catalogs as well. Kind of exspensive and then there is the shipping.

Right now, Big Lot's has some SCG products on their shelves in the auto department(if dept. is what it's called)...Where the car stuff is! If your BL's has it too, it's probably cheap and maybe worth a try. This is the first time I've seen SCG at BL's.

I've really liked everything I've used from Surf City! I think they're great products. As for the price,the products I've used last a long time. I've probably detailed close to a hundred tires out of one bottle of Beyond Black Tire Pro,and I even used it on my tonneau several times as well.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I have seen Surf City Garage products in my "Classic Industries" Catalogs for my Firebird and other catalogs as well. Kind of exspensive and then there is the shipping.

Right now, Big Lot's has some SCG products on their shelves in the auto department(if dept. is what it's called)...Where the car stuff is! If your BL's has it too, it's probably cheap and maybe worth a try. This is the first time I've seen SCG at BL's.

Interesting!! Usually when china-mart drops a product line, it really hurts the mfg'r as I have heard they force them to buy back all unsold stock. I been to 2 different BL's in the last couple of days and didn't see anything there... hardly anything good in the car care section at all.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I agree with asiancivic on that. Wait for a good sale. I personally do not think their products are worth the money.

Depends on the product. The pink "hot rod protective" detailer is one of the best I have ever used and I have used them all. I typically do not use over the counter products. Pretty much everything I use is "boutique" type products not found in stores. Cost a bit more but the results I have found to be far superior. Especially compounds, polish, sealants and wax's.

I've been hit and miss with Surf City products, but overall, I like the line. But yeah, they are pricey, but I scored a bunch of surf city garage swag on Amazon for dirt cheap last year.

Just got my free SCG T-shirt in the mail for buying their new spray wax. It looks like the Walmart closest to my work is clearancing some of their products, but not all. Dash Away and Beyond Black were still on the shelves at regular price. I did pick up some Hot Rod Detailer for $6.50. They had the glaze, wax, and metal polish on clearance as well.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Just got my free SCG T-shirt in the mail for buying their new spray wax. It looks like the Walmart closest to my work is clearancing some of their products, but not all. Dash Away and Beyond Black were still on the shelves at regular price. I did pick up some Hot Rod Detailer for $6.50. They had the glaze, wax, and metal polish on clearance as well.

The Speed Demon and Hot Rod detailers are awesome as well as Beyond Black! None of the products are on clearance here yet. They new the new Barrier Reef Spray Wax here at our local Wal-Mart,but I have some other spray waxes that I would like to use up first. If it gets down cheap enough I'll go for it though. The metal polish intrigues me also,but I've got a shelf full of metal polishes also.

surf city nano seal and nano glaze are some of the best on the market period. i have used so many products from autogeek paid twice as much and this stuff hands down beats them all! buy it try it you will absolutely love it!!! if not you can always return it. its walmart! one thing they say use nano seal then glaze i reccomend doing the opposite from my expirence it works better on all the cars ive done it to.

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
surf city nano seal and nano glaze are some of the best on the market period. i have used so many products from autogeek paid twice as much and this stuff hands down beats them all! buy it try it you will absolutely love it!!! if not you can always return it. its walmart! one thing they say use nano seal then glaze i reccomend doing the opposite from my expirence it works better on all the cars ive done it to.

You are not supposed to put a synthetic sealant over a glaze. You can glaze then wax with a carnuba wax but not a synthetic sealant. The sealant needs to adhere to a perfectly clean non oily paint surface.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Originally Posted By: ccapital83

You are not supposed to put a synthetic sealant over a glaze. You can glaze then wax with a carnuba wax but not a synthetic sealant. The sealant needs to adhere to a perfectly clean non oily paint surface.

You can put most sealants over most glazes. This is dicussed at some length on the Megs forum.

I bellied up & bought some Speed Demon yesterday.

I'll report back on how it works as compared to Meg's Quik Detailer & Wizards Mist & Shine.

Ok, I finally used the Surf City Speed Demon on my wife's car after waxing it for Mother's Day.

The stuff works pretty good!

I used it side-by-side with Wizards and it looks/feels to be slightly better than Wizards.

Super easy on & off. Yea, I recommend it.

Hope that helps. Did my GTO too.
smile.gif

^^^Does the Speed Demon stuff have that funky, fruity, 'cinnamony' scent to it like the Mothers products (which makes me HATE them and not even think of using them!)??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
^^^Does the Speed Demon stuff have that funky, fruity, 'cinnamony' scent to it like the Mothers products (which makes me HATE them and not even think of using them!)??

No, not that. It does have a VERY light scent.

This is the real deal.

The next thing I try from Surf City will be the Barrier Reef Spray Wax. I love how Speed Demon and Hot Rod Detailer both leave very slick and shiny finishes.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
The next thing I try from Surf City will be the Barrier Reef Spray Wax. I love how Speed Demon and Hot Rod Detailer both leave very slick and shiny finishes.

Read all the Amazon reviews on SCG products and it was all high praise.

I may give away my Meguiars products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back