Any VOA/UOA's on QS DEFY yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, I have the 5w30 Defy in my acura right now along with a bottle of MoS2 and love it thus far, the little Honda engine really seems to like it! I think I may have even gained a little mpg..

I've been contemplating sending in a VOA.

Just haven't gotten "A round tuit" yet.

No one wants to be a nice guy a help out the oil community by sending in a VOA? Has anyone even found any specs on the oil at all?

Specs are here. The pour points seem a little odd to me. The sheet states it has 25% more low volatility ZDDP than other oils (assuming their QSGB, likely) and 50% more in 10w-40. SL for 5w-20, 5w-30, and 10w-30, SN for 10w-40.

I have a fresh jug of 5w30 defy. Should I pay for tbn? I have a used sample to send out also.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Specs are here. The pour points seem a little odd to me. The sheet states it has 25% more low volatility ZDDP than other oils (assuming their QSGB, likely) and 50% more in 10w-40. SL for 5w-20, 5w-30, and 10w-30, SN for 10w-40.

According to the link, the 10w40 is good for flat tappet cams! I am very interested in this for my 70 Ford 390 if the ZDDP levels are high enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Highline9
I have a fresh jug of 5w30 defy. Should I pay for tbn? I have a used sample to send out also.

If you're willing to spend on it, I'm sure we're all curious. It would be much appreciated.

We all need to donate to the PQIA to do a bunch of HM oils next time.
wink.gif

If you're willing to spend on it, I'm sure we're all curious. It would be much appreciated.

wink.gif

check is wrote and in black bottle. Going to ups store in morning.

wink.gif

check is wrote and in black bottle. Going to ups store in morning.

you are the man!

I have 2 samples shipped, one is the defy 5w30 and the other is a T6 5w20 ultra mix. I sent them via ups today.

I have the voa back from blackstone. I have it in pdf form. Can you guys give me a hand importing it?

OIL Q state defy 5w30
MILES IN USE 0
MILES
SAMPLE TAKEN 4\23\12

ALUMINUM 0
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 0
COPPER 0
LEAD 0
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 83
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 0
BORON 169
SILICON 4
SODIUM 2
CALCIUM 1688
MAGNESIUM 7
PHOSPHORUS 735
ZINC 839
BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0
WATER 0
FLASHPOINT ºF 420
SUS VIS 210ºF 65.1
cSt @ 212ºF 11.63
FUEL DILUTION%
TBN 7.8
OXIDATION
NITRATION

Could BlackStone's numbers of ZDDP be off on this analysis , I remember an earlier QSHM VOA being way off from them. I believe Johnny retested with Dyson and the number came back way different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back