Oil filters as a suppressor threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil filter suppressors have been around for a while. I saw something similar 30 years ago. $200 is a little high for that thing. If I was going to pay the $200 tax stamp, I would get a real silencer.

I've got to ask - Would you run a OCOD or step up to a Purolator or M1? Actually it would give a whole new meaning to OCOD wouldn't it!

All in all, pricey, can't get one where I live, but simple and clever.

Maybe a good use for an ecore filter ... that open center core will help with noise suppression.
laugh.gif

I get the gist Pablo, very environmentally friendly.

Like the two pronged garden forks that were at a show a few weekends ago...(rubbers and leathers are legal)

One good use for FRAM filters.

Still, its only a .22LR, not sure I wanna lose all ability to really aim and adding a ton of weight to the end of the gun to make it a little less noisy.

Yeah, oil filter adapter to make a sorta crude suppressor, threads onto the barrel and the .22LR penetrates the top dome of the can on its way down range.

The company that makes that adapter also has a video where they shoot an AK-47 in full auto with an oil filter suppressor. It worked really well. Mostly just heard the "clack, clack, clack..." of the action cycling as it was firing. Pretty neat.

Brilliantly simple and very effective. And as far as suppressor prices go it's very affordable $75 (+$200 for the tax stamp)...

Actually considering getting one. Anyone else.

I like the idea for a .22, but I'm not sure how long it would last with a center fire. A LOT more blast to contend with.

Thing is, you cannot replace the oil filter. The adapter and filter are serialized. If replacing the filter, you would be altering the suppressor and would be in violation of federal law.

I can't see what it is,but if it's the threaded adapter to screw on a filter onto a barell,it is very illegal in most states.Just having that adapter will get you in serious trouble.IF it's the one i'm thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back