Guinness not brewed in Dublin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tegger
According to www.guinness.com, Guinness for the North American market has been brewed in Canada since the year 2000. That's also the last year for imports from Ireland.

It seems Guinness in North America is brewed by AB InBev, in a plant operated by InBev-owned Labatt's, under license from Guinness in Ireland. Labatt's operates a giant plant in London, Ontario. A large number of brands and brews are made there, and that's probably where the Guinness comes from.

I like Guinness, by the way. Happy St. Paddy's Day; I'm going to celebrate by getting tanked and beating up some Englishmen.

if they are gonna make it in N.America for the N.American Market, fine, but in LONDON, Ontario??
they could @ least make it @ the AB inBEV plant in Columbus, Ohio. @ least its only 15 Mi from DUBLIN, OH..... sheesh.

from the FAQ on Guinness.com Frequently asked questions
"Is it true that you get a much better pint of GUINNESS® stout in Ireland?

GUINNESS® is GUINNESS® - wherever you are. We always use pure, fresh water from natural local sources for the GUINNESS® stout brewed outside Ireland. That said, in blind tests (with a bunch of highly cynical journalists) none of our sample could tell the difference between Irish-brewed GUINNESS® and the locally produced variety. All the GUINNESS® sold in the UK, Ireland and North America is brewed in Ireland at the historic St. James's Gate Brewery in Dublin.
"

According to www.guinness.com, Guinness for the North American market has been brewed in Canada since the year 2000. That's also the last year for imports from Ireland.

It seems Guinness in North America is brewed by AB InBev, in a plant operated by InBev-owned Labatt's, under license from Guinness in Ireland. Labatt's operates a giant plant in London, Ontario. A large number of brands and brews are made there, and that's probably where the Guinness comes from.

I like Guinness, by the way. Happy St. Paddy's Day; I'm going to celebrate by getting tanked and beating up some Englishmen.

According to there sites FAQ, all Guinness in N America is brewed in Ireland. I buy the widget cans and it says on them "brewed in Dublin".

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Heineken has over 100 breweries world wide.

You'd think at least one of them would figure out how to make it taste good.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
Foster's Lager is made in Canada for the US market. Probably in the same plant.

Simpsons_Duff_Lite_Dry.jpg

Hi,
Whimsey _ I was in Limerick last September and celebrated Arthur Guinness' birthday there. A great time

This year I'll be in Belfast in time for for this event - I hope it goes off well there too

The Guiness in my fridge was brewed in DUBLIN !!!

Reading this post (regarding plants, kegs, etc....) comes to mind the typical "Gas is gas" and "Oil is oil, it's all the same" posts.....

Does this make all beer the same? :p Since it's obviously coming from the same distributor? *eyes roll*
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back