Lithium Battery - CR2450 vs. CR2450N

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Starrett micrometer head that takes a CR2450N battery. Every cross reference I've come across says a CR2450 is equivalent. They're not in the case of this micrometer head.

With a CR2450 installed, the mic is just as dead as if there were no battery installed.

Visually, both batteries are the same to the naked eye; diameter, height, voltage....

So what's the difference between the two?

should be just CR2450...N suffix bears no meaning (other than some fancy buzzwords (e.g. Duracell CR2032 actually bears a suffix called DL2032B).

Q.

I Googled a little - "RadioShack brand CR2450 will fit into your device better than the Energizer or Maxwell brands."

Read more: http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/enerc...s#ixzz1stvgvw8K

Careful with that. I trashed a Starrett by getting overly frustrated at the battery door. The whole caliper is considered a disposable item if you break a tab on the battery door.

I ended up going to a machine tool distributor to get an "N" suffix battery. The mic came right to life when I turned the barrel. I swapped in the non-N battery and it's dead as a door nail.

There IS a difference between the "N" and non-N battery. I just can't figure out what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back