ATF+4 soon on shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysler has officially licensed four blenders/resellers for ATF+4: PetroCanada, Shell, Valvoline, and ExxonMobil. Of these four I know for sure that PetroCanada and Shell were both suppliers of OEM Mopar branded ATF+4 from the start, and I suspect ExxonMobil has been for some time. Valvoline is probably the only new player.

As anyone knows who has followed the history of ATF+4, Chrysler always specified not only the exact additive makeup, but the specific base oils that could be used as well. We now know that only three companies currently have "approved" base oils for ATF+4 production: SK Corp (Korea), PetroCanada, and Motiva (Shell). SK and PetroCanada both use licensed Chevron IsoSyn catalyst technology, and Shell has their own proprietary catalyst system as well as their SMDS process for producing XHVI base oils.

For the full Lube Report article click here.

About time! These are all top players so quaity control should not be an issue.I know DC always claimed that cheap ATF+ products from low quality producers were to blame for transmission issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back