Anyone who has a 2003 Camry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister has a 2003 Camry 4 cylinder. One of the screws for the air box is missing. If anyone who owns a 2003 or same-generation Camry with the 4 cylinder could tell me the thread size of the air box screws it's be greatly appreciated.

And before anyone tells me to take the other screw to a hardware store to match them up....I only see my sister and have a chance to service the car once every few months. Having her drive the car with only one screw is bad enough. I'm not going to take the other screw, leaving the air box completely unsecured allowing tons of unfiltered air into the engine.

Just check the air filter in 2002 Camry 4-cylinder, it is 10 mm screw and it stays on the air box cover. I don't know the thread size.

Just take out one of the other bolts. Bring it to home depot, they have a bolt thing that will tell you the the thread size.

Folks,

My measurement resulted the following:

M5 x25mm(length), thread pitch unknown (regrettably, my thread pitch gauge for metric fell short of having that specific one.

It's definitely finer than 100 if you want to know.

In other words: it should be something like M5-75 x25mm in length ("75" is just a guess, my gauge only goes to "100")

Good luck!

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back