Ac Delco Vs Motorcraft Plug Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am putting together a tune up package for my car piece by piece, buying parts on sale, or when they are on closeout, so that is why i am asking this question.

Right now rockauto has the AC Delco branded wire set for 14.59 on wholesale clearout (regular price 27.89)

Motorcraft costs 36.99

While bosch (i was told by several ford owners, avoid anything for ignition with their name on it) is 29.99.

What are your opinions on using AC Delco on fords, is it worth it to use?

I am okay with having non ford parts on my car, as long as it is upto ford spec i am okay with it, or exceeds the spec.

I do intend to only use motorcraft ignition coil pack. I was told that the non ford ones suck, the cars do not run right until they are replaced with a ford one.

Look out for Autolite deals. They are the same as Motorcraft.

I would go with OEM to minimize any chance of an issue.

How good are napa belden parts, i can get my grandfather to buy the wires and get a discount.
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=BEL700108_0066619255&An=599001+102003+50046+2046027+4046013+5999999+26215&Ar=AND(P_RecType%3aA)

If you ford, use motorcraft
if you GM use ac delco
if you Mopar use mopar
if you import ( asian ) use ngk
if you import ( german.... ) use bosch

that my opinion haha, for plug wire... but for spark plug, no matter what brand car you have, NGK work very well on all.

In my opinion, for parts, if i want a cheap part i do advance or autozone, they are cheap but...the quality is not there. If i want quality and something that will last, i go with napa.

For 14 bucks your car will be fine on those Delcos. Delco wires are either Packard or Prestolite.

Originally Posted By: Stephen_G
In my opinion, for parts, if i want a cheap part i do advance or autozone, they are cheap but...the quality is not there. If i want quality and something that will last, i go with napa.

You know oreilly sell BDW nascar select or something like that, wire is thick with copper end with life time warranty, I never have problem with it, got a set for my little brother ford van ran for 5 years no problem. I trust BDW product.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: Stephen_G

You know oreilly sell BDW nascar select or something like that, wire is thick with copper end with life time warranty, I never have problem with it, got a set for my little brother ford van ran for 5 years no problem. I trust BDW product.

Problem is, there is no O'Reiley stores around me. Nearest one is Ohio or Virginia.

I am going to probably try the AC Delco one, use a 5% off rockauto code as well.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i dont see them in New Jersey either...Im suprised they would do great in NJ

It is a Pepboys (Philly based) stronghold, along with Advance and Autozone.

+1
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
If you ford, use motorcraft
if you GM use ac delco
if you Mopar use mopar
if you import ( asian ) use ngk
if you import ( german.... ) use bosch

that my opinion haha, for plug wire... but for spark plug, no matter what brand car you have, NGK work very well on all.

Looks like i will not be doing either of these, uncle and i took a look in the engine bay when he came over, I have autolite plugs, and a unknown plug wire brand, and what looks like a newer coil pack.

Personally, the last few set of Delco plug wires I've bought were junk. The arced all over the place. I was not impressed. I've had better luck with the cheap lifetime wires from O'reillys.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back