how long does Harbor Freight take to ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order on 4/12, its still not here. they sent me an email w/ the order number, when I go to the order tracking page, there is no record of it.
and of course, when I sent an email, they gave an auto response about how busy they are.
this is my 1st and possibly my last order with these people.
btw, its just a scissor jack and lug wrench.

They have been prompt in the past for me, max a few days.
I have their scissor jack, its pretty good quality for the relatively low price (paid $20 or so?).

I have only bothered with HF shipping when the local store doesn't stock what I need. 2 orders, both took almost 5 days to a week to ship. It ain't Newegg or Amazon shipping.

Its only been 5 business days. My guess is they didnt ship it till mon or tues and it should be there prob next monday.

Their shipping is no worse than amazon super saver.

I once waited 9 days for a flash drive that should have been here in 2-3 with regular postal mail.

I guess I'm spoiled with rockauto! I ordered a bunch of stuff from them and AM auto parts after the HF order, and it's all here already.
rockauto is amazing, ships right away, ships from all different warehouses, but it always gets here when they say it will.

Not nearly as bad as long ago, when, I think they shipped by wagon train. I had some orders that took months, no joke.

I haven't mail-ordered from them in awhile now that stores are so accessible.

Anytime I ordered in the past, it took more than a week. Several times it took longer due to items being back-ordered.

ALL mail-ordering I've done lately is taking longer than it has in the past. Everyone has to penny-pinch.

Joel

A friend who I was helping last month had ordered a toe kick saw that broke within the first couple of minutes of use. He contacted Harbor Freight who "mailed" him a prepaid USPS return label. As I understand it from him, they were to send a replacement as soon as the defective saw arrived at their warehouse.

He mailed it as soon as the label arrived (sometime during the first week of April) and he still does not have a replacement saw. He still has my old Crain toe kick saw in case he needs it between now and the time his cheap, garbage saw gets sent to him.

Since it's from Harbor Freight, I suspect he'll probably still need my Crain until he's completely done with the new flooring in his house. Even if the replacement from Harbor Freight actually shows up, I'm giving it a 50/50 chance of lasting more than a few minutes once he starts using it.

So, from his perspective shipping time to get a working unit is at least a month, assuming the replacement works.

Why doesn't he just demand a refund? Why waste time mailing back and waiting on another junk HF tool that wil most likely just break again? The time and effort and down time of getting replacemant HF junk makes it a bad value. Imagine how many people just throw the tool away and then buy another higher quality chinese made brand. The chinese tool makers couldn't come up with a better plan to cost US consumers money.

This thread is turning into another HF bash. Even though I have purchased a few things from them(all have been fine)I won't order anything from anyone. Also I have noticed that the new HF in Fairview Heights always seems to have a full parking lot. I guess those folks are there returning all those broken tools.

Originally Posted By: tig1
This thread is turning into another HF bash. Even though I have purchased a few things from them(all have been fine)I won't order anything from anyone. Also I have noticed that the new HF in Fairview Heights always seems to have a full parking lot. I guess those folks are there returning all those broken tools.

Hey, you figured it out. snicker snicker

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: tig1

Hey, you figured it out. snicker snicker

Actually I am finding it harder to find the US made tools I have needed recently. It's frustrating to say the least. Most of the tools I have needed in the last 5 years pertain to the welding trade. At least Miller welders are still US made. There a lot more expensive but nothing else will do for me.

ok,I got my stuff yesterday. I had also gotten an email respose with a tracking number (which never showed up on their order tracking page) but I've got my stuff, thats whats important
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back