Napa Inline Transmission Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the part number for the Napa version of a magnefine transmission filter. Either the 5/16 or 3/8 size. I know they make them but could not find it on their website. I may go to Napa on Monday but I hate going in their without a part number. Thanks

Make sure you get a Magnefine that is labeled or relabeled. There are some similar ones in basic size but do not have a magnet. I just got a 1/2" Magnefine off EBAY.

Did the Magnefine sponsor drop off?

There was some mention on this site that newer Magnefine filters had heat sealed the section that screws together. Some have mentioned a tiny leak there. I never noticed. Note - you should not unscrew the filter to have a look see and then screw it back together and continue to use it.

Yes i have it, the magnet is inside as on the magnefine.
I have one on my PS unit, i will cut it open when i change it.
Good flow and zero leaks at the body!

Thanks guys. I'm going to Napa on Monday. I'm planning on adding one to my cobalts transmission. It has rubber cooler lines bit I'm not sure of the inside diameter. So I'm going to buy both the 5/16 and the 3/8 and hope that they will let me return the one that doesn't fit.

I would still go for the Magnefine. I do not believe the plastic housing is a problem. What is the micron rating of these other inline filters? Do they have a bypass?

I often buy an additional size of sometime so I am sure I have what I need. I would bet its 3/8" however.

Last edited:
Get out a 3/8 and a 5/16 open-end wrench, and see which one fits snugly around a metal section of your trans line. The hose may also have a diameter printed on it somewhere. (I think my Silverado's hoses said 9.5 mm, or maybe 10.5.)

I was thinking 3/8 also but that's a great idea about the wrench over the metal part of the line.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Yes i have it, the magnet is inside as on the magnefine.
I have one on my PS unit, i will cut it open when i change it.
Good flow and zero leaks at the body!
Awesome! I will pick one up today!

I hope I am not repeating other posts. I found a wix 58964 transmission filter canister. It is for 5/16 line. The pic on the internet looks different than what you buy, but looks well made, its all so magnet. Two hoses that took like very good, it my be higher psi than a fuel hose, but not very high psi. plastic body, looks to be well made. $19.08 The second one I found so from auto zone, part no 2210, the box says power steering, but the filter says transmission and power steering. Made by magnefine, in Australia. It is for 3/8 hose. There web site all so shows a different one one for 5/16. all so magnetic. Comes with no hoses and only 2 hose clamps. $10.72. The magnet has a lot of power. The magnefine has a very good web site. Both filters are plastic, but very well made.

Quote:
The second one I found so from auto zone, part no 2210, the box says power steering, but the filter says transmission and power steering. Made by magnefine, in Australia. It is for 3/8 hose.

The 2210 i bought from AZ a few months ago is metal. Maybe they changed suppliers, i need to go and look if so that sucks.
I want the metal one not the plastic leaker.
Two leaker's in a row is too many, i will never buy another Magnefine product again.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
The second one I found so from auto zone, part no 2210, the box says power steering, but the filter says transmission and power steering. Made by magnefine, in Australia. It is for 3/8 hose.

The 2210 i bought from AZ a few months ago is metal. Maybe they changed suppliers, i need to go and look if so that sucks.
I want the metal one not the plastic leaker.
Two leaker's in a row is too many, i will never buy another Magnefine product again.

Maybe try one of the newer manufactured ones that is heat sealed.

Did autozone have the 2210 instock or did you order it from the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back