Half Sheet Bounty Paper Towel Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was brilliant invention from consumer's point of view but I bet the guy who came up with it got fired from P&G! Now you can never buy them.

Guess why!
- Vikas

LOL, was thinking the other day how great it was and that I dont need to cut or rip my paper towels for small jobs.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
The Walmart brand has half sheets

Except that with the Walmart brand you actually need a full sheet to do the job of a half sheet Bounty.
smile.gif

The half sheet bounty is called "Select-A-Size", I believe. It's still showing on retailers' websites, so maybe it hasn't been discontinued? However, the last couple of bags I picked up were not half sheet...

We have the Sparkle brand made by Georgia Pacific that has half sheets and they're fairly thick. A half sheet works very well for checking the oil.

What am I missing here? Are they discontinued?

All I know is that I just bought a package with 18 rolls or so at Target on my last grocery run...

With me it has been a hit-or-miss situation. Sometimes what I buy is half sheets, sometimes full sheets. I don't know how to differentiate between those two in half a second it takes to buy them.

Love the select a sheet rolls. That is all I ever buy.
I still have some in my stash, will have to see if I can find any next time I'm due to buy.

Originally Posted By: azjake
We have the Sparkle brand made by Georgia Pacific that has half sheets and they're fairly thick. A half sheet works very well for checking the oil.

Half sheet? I do it with a 2x2 square.

Entire business model of the consumables is based upon idea that more it is used better it is for the producer. Half sheet definitely cuts down on the waste but so does the profits. I usually purchase these supplies at Costco or CVS and neither carry them anymore at least in my neighborhood.

I am certain that P&G would prefer that we all buy regular version rather than the half sheet ones. I was half kidding about the inventor getting fired but I am sure he must have heard earful from the upper management if he is still employed there. Is there a BITOG member from a business school who wants to do case study or a term paper on this? It would be great to see this on somebody'r resume :)

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
That was brilliant invention from consumer's point of view but I bet the guy who came up with it got fired from P&G! Now you can never buy them.

Guess why!
- Vikas

Any documentation or link that they've been discontinued. I still find the Target brand half-sheet. I believe it's 126 sheets per roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back