RX For 95 Camry Stock Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
95 Camry headlights have seen better days. Housing is yellowins and the beam isn't all that great.

Go with stock replacement housing? Or recommend a good qualty aftermarket?

Open to suggestions!

There are any number of good polishing headlight restorers out there. If the lights aren't bright enough once the haze is gone, look into replacement bulbs.

If you want HID, I'm sure that there are some ballast and bulb kits out there for your model.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Go to NAPA and get the micropolish for plastic headlight lenses. You will save $$$$

The polish actually works? I've thought it a gimiick.

OEM stock replacement housing.

If you go HID kit route, know that its illegal and destroys the beam pattern rendering the lamp into a source of really bright light vomiting in front of your car uncontrolled.

Here is a site that is correct and helpful you should find instructions and even successes on the best kit to restore if you go that route: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?87-Automotive

The Polish system does work. Not as good as new, but very close. I used it on our '98 5-Series and it worked out very well. Eliminated the haze and they polished up near new.

I used 3M headlight restore and it works very well on 2000 E430, and 1991 Mercury Tracer. It doesn't restore to new but fairly close, about 80-90%.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Go to NAPA and get the micropolish for plastic headlight lenses. You will save $$$$

The polish actually works? I've thought it a gimiick.

Yes it works great. I purchased 6 pre-microglazed discs and a drill adapter (as a kit) and was amazed how well it worked.

I would try the aggressive polish kit. Follow up with a good sealant as the UV coating is shot and will start to yellow in a few months if left unprotected. Might consider upgrading to HIR bulbs for highs and lows. I don't think anyone makes a good high quality aftermarket housing. Most of them are made in China had have poor optics.

1995 Camry value is probably around $1,000-1,500 I would not spend upward $100 or more for 4 HIR light bulbs, while he can get a pair Phillip Vision Plus 9006 for $16 from Amazon, after polishing the head light cover with 3M Headlight Restoration kit for $13.65 (with subscribe&save), and get $5 rebate from 3M.

car lighting car lighting

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
1995 Camry value is probably around $1,000-1,500 I would not spend upward $100 or more for 4 HIR light bulbs, while he can get a pair Phillip Vision Plus 9006 for $16 from Amazon, after polishing the head light cover with 3M Headlight Restoration kit for $13.65 (with subscribe&save), and get $5 rebate from 3M.

Camry only has 64K miles on it, should easily fetch $3,500. Philips HIR 9012 go for $22 per bulb and Philips HIR 9011 go for $19 each on amazon and have way better output than any other bulb that can be put into the socket. 3M kit works really well.

It would be cheaper to polish and put in HIR bulbs than buy Chinese made headlights and keep the stock bulbs and the HIR setup probably would have better output too.

Camry is old, but in great shape. Garaged all it's life (until me). 69k on it now! With my driving needs, and $4.15 gallon gas this Camry is saving me $160-200 a month over my F-150 gas costs. Loving that!

Some great ideas guys, thanks. Glad to know the lenses can be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back