Bought some Bridgestone Potenza with Serenity

Status
Not open for further replies.
a week ago, and they are currently on my wifey's Camry. It's just the run-of-da-mill size (205-65R15, LE steel wheel), but nevertheless, they are made in Japan.

So far, it's been good in terms of handling in dry/wet: steering is quite sensitive when compared to our previous set of Uniroyal TigerPaw Touring, which was a bit "numb" and "hydropane" a bit.

Noise level is down approx. 5~7%, still dependent on the road condition/texture...but the road rush is less annoying than before...I was hoping for over 10% reduction in road-rush inside the cabin while cruising down highway, but nevertheless: not as bad a what we have before, so I can accept that as a mild improvement.

With 5yr/70kmile warranty on them, I expect to get 5 ~7yrs out of them...

Q.

Yes, just came out a few months ago.Supposedly the premium all-season touring tires from the Potenza line (I really hate those lower line of Potenzas)

While I may not be a fully-committed Bridgestone fan (used them occasionlly in the past with mixed results); this is the first time I'm able to bring myself together to enjoy what a good Bridgestone tire cast could bring back (the joy).

I had, in the past, used from Sanyong, lower end BRidestones, Michelins (nice but too expensive), Pirellis, UniRoyal Tiger Paws, etc. Some have certain strengths over the others...

Q.

I've owned one set of Bridgestone tires and two sets of Firestone tires, and enjoyed all three of them. I'll have to check out these new tires. Thanks.

I put a set of the Turanza with Serenity on my 07 Accord on Black Friday last year.

Wow! Made it a *bunch* quieter. Nice riding and great wet weather traction (no snow in Atlanta area). Should be good for 70k.

Glad you like them.

Bridgestone needs to update their website. Even their corporate website doesn't have any information on these. Not Tire Rack either. I'm curious where you bought these.

Sorry folks, my bad (been up working since 4:30am today, still working).

It should be "turanza with serenity", not potenza....

My bad on that part.

Ref:http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+Serenity

To Indydriver: you are correct indeed.

Q.

I bought these tires for my wife's Volvo S60 last year. It had some Michelin's on it, but they were loud and rode horribly. The Bridgestone's have been great. Quiet, smooth, good handling, and have 40,000 miles on them with plenty of life left. They should have no problem reaching the 70,000 mile warranty.

**Update**

Those Bridgestone Turanza w/ serenity have been serving us really well: been through wet snow, heavy downpour, etc. in the PNW wicked weather and the tires have been handling the road extremely well.

I'm impressed.

Q.

Glad you like them. In June, Bridgestone will be introducing a new Turanza Serenity Ecopia. They have figured out how to marry low rolling resistance technology with existing levels of grip in wet, dry and snow while not hurting noise levels and ride harshness. It's quite an advancement in the state-of-the-art for tire performance and you will see them introduce this across the product line, even in the Potenzas.

I have turanza with serenity on my toyota camry. 40k on them. I am hoping to get 70,000 miles.

I got 60,000 miles on my last set with michelin primacy mxv4..

I was looking at these Turanza Serenities for my 2007 Camry LE. I have Potenza G019 P215/60VR16 on there now and they are the hardest and noisest tires I have ever owned. Now with 45,000 miles they are deafening. It is good to hear good things about the Serenities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back