If you shop Walmart, Check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..here's my thoughts..when Henry Ford started mass producing cars, do you know how many horse and buggy and other related business' I:E blacksmiths, harness makers, saddle makers,etc..went out of business..it's called progress or something..
patriot.gif

I'm not so sure you can compare Wal-Mart to Ford. They are both profitable business models and that's about where it ends.

When Ford introduced mass production of autos, he wasn't sourcing the parts from a country we have an unconfortable trade deficit with.

Several states are now considering what to do about the high cost of Wal-Mart workers (and other such retailers) who are dependant on social services. Think about it - if we all worked for employers who ran the Wal-Mart business model, virtually everyone would be dependant on the state for their health care. Back door route to socialized medecine? No thanks!

I personally can't stand Wal-Mart stores. The employees are surly; most don't have the courtesy to thank you or even smile in your direction. Wal-Mart thinks nothing of making you wait 15+ minutes in a checkout line. Much of the merchandise is low quality (especially clothing). I've never figured out what the purpose of having 36 checkout lines is when only 6 of them are manned and customers are 5-6 deep in each one.
thumbsdown.gif

I have no problem paying a bit more for a store with good customer service, well stocked shelves, good quality merchandise, short checkout lines and friendly employees. I guess that's why I buy so much on line
wink.gif

the thing is, ford WOULD have sourced parts and labor from cheap markets if he could of. however at that time it was not economonically feasable. believe me, ford, walmart, microsoft, aol, any company is a SLAVE to the almighty dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back