UOA for under $7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JosephHarmon
I do believe thats for the kit only & not the analysis service

The regular price is $16, I don't think anyone would pay that for a tiny plastic bottle and a mailing container.

I ordered the last two kits in stock, but it looks like they are restocking (they are taking orders but note that it might take 1-2 extra days).

$6.52/kit with free 2-day shipping for Amazon Prime members. A very nice deal indeed -- thanks for sharing it here!

I got a similar looking kit from my local NAPA store (first time ever stepping foot into a NAPA too, at that haha)....I paid $12 or somewhere in that area though....and the counter guy did tell me it included the cost of the analysis, all I had to do was put on postage......

Something to note though, it only had 2 "spots" for the stamps....when I took it to the P.O. (no questions asked mind you hehe, depsite all the "oil analysis hazards" people have had at the post office counter....) and asked the dude how many stamps does this need...? I got 2 on it now, he weighed it, said 3 more, so I put them on, and he took the sample.....granted, it's been about a week.....and still no response :p

being that I sent it first class, no tracking, I'm kinda worried :p Hoping the results come in soon
wink.gif
The WIX site says they will call, email, etc....with the results....

Something I found interesting:

1) no plastic bag like the Blackstone kit.....

2) no "oil absorbing material" like the blackStone kit......sooo.....yea, kind of curious how it holds up :p I was tempted to loc-tite the bottle, but did not....lol. I hope it wasn't tampered with en route......

Typically, how long does the WIX analysis/response take?

I read somewhere that the WIX lab can take around a month before you hear from them. That's one of the trade offs you make; if you want fast go with Blackstone.

Ken_W

Did they call? email? Snail mail? back a response, or all of the above? LOL.....still waiting for my response
wink.gif
Kinda hoping the mail man didn't throw it away LOL....

I was surprised, to say the least, he didn't even ask me the liquids question....he must have just figured it contained liquids :p Or he's handled more UOAs than I would think, see we're in a small town here
wink.gif
So was curious how the P.O. would handle it, but they didn't even ask me any questions.

Here they got noticed posted on all the mail boxes that nothing over 13 grams can be dropped into the box, and must be taken to the service desk for "proper handling".....and well, I didn't quite know the oz/grams/etc....measurements, so I just went up to the desk and asked how many first class stamps I need on the bottle; he weighed it, I put the stamps on (already bought them from the machine out front), and then he dropped it in the back outgoing mail box.

Originally Posted By: Ken_W

I read somewhere that the WIX lab can take around a month before you hear from them. That's one of the trade offs you make; if you want fast go with Blackstone.

Ken_W

That is about how long it took for mine. Mine was the NAPA 4077 analysis (missing the #2 on the front of 24077).

I was wondering how long it would take them to up the price! $11 isn't bad, but I don't think I'll be paying $18. Although with TBN maybe it's still a good price? I just wish it had fuel and flashpoint.
frown.gif

Check your local NAPA, they are likely cheaper in store, and yea....no shipping delay
wink.gif
Still waiting on my response though....interesting enough, I emailed WIX....to ask them, they had a "Contact us" form on their site, and when I made contact, I select "Fluid Analysis" and the dude that answered told me, he doesn't "deal with this area often" or some such....so he couldn't tell me....hah. Sooo....he said he'd "get back with me" after his trip to Mexico
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back