How to Clean Bugs Off of Headlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seafoam Bugs B Gone worked pretty good for me. I'm sure there's other bug removers out there. Bugs B Gone is the only one I've ever tried.

Bugs B Gone worked great....was surprised. Curious what it's made of, cause yea it just "worked" haha.

I use the Turtle Wax bug and tar remover stash I bought when it was on sale. I find that a good coat of wax and sealant on the whole car, lights, and license plate makes them come off almost completely by hosing it down alone.

If you are absolutely worried about scratching up your headlights, simply take a rag with warm soapy water, and let it sit for a bit, and then wipe off. If you are in a rush, bug and tar removers, or cleaner quick detailer spray works well.

I have always like the way that )))REALLY HOT WATER((( has removed bug from the headlights, windshield and the front fascia of the vehicle. Maybe with a little car wash soap in the bucket of ))HOT WATER((

Depending where you live you may get a few bugs or thousands depending on the season.

Poorboy's Bug Squash works wonders cut 3 to 1 with water. In Texas or Florida it's a must have. Also works on road grime, salt, tar. It does not remove wax or sealant when used as directed, no harm to any surface at even full strength.

Bug splats, especially big juicy grasshoppers on my Blizzard White Pearl paint can stain it quickly. I carry the mixture in the car 'cause down here there are even bugs in the winter.

Key is always to take them off as soon as is practical. Leaving their little guts on paint, plastic, and to much lesser extent glass with let the acid etch in. Detailer or waterless wash will work well, washing usually takes it off. If those don't, first thing would be to use a soaking wet wash towel or one flooded with detailer over them and let it 'dwell'. If nothing seems to budge them then try clay.

I didn't see this one so I'll add. Stoner Tarminator. Well regarded and available in most parts stores. Works well. But, as others have said, give it a soapy soak and see if that does the job first.

Tarminator is an awesome product but it does strip any and all protection off of the paint. That adds another step because you must rewax/seal the area every time you use it. That's why I use Poorboys for bugs.

Just try some undiluted car wash. Dab a good amount on and let it sit. If that doesnt work the bug remover from turtlewax does a good job. Works well on tree sap too

Hot water and Dawn Soap is all I use. Other dish soaps don't cut like Dawn. You'll spend much more time scrubbing using anything else.

Those mosquito scrubber sponges work ok, but I usually use a a tougher scrub brush like you'd find in bathroom cleaning supplies. Have yet to scratch any finish, and things come off much better. Use it on everything from front bumper, headlights to the windshield.

Take whatever car wash soap you use if its a good one and put it around half and half with water in a spray bottle and spray the bad spots a couple minutes before you wash the car and they should soften up from the stronger chems and the increased dwell time. If that doesnt work you need to find a better car wash soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back