Time for Some Maintenance on Wife's 2010 Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.
She turned 30k mark. Going to replace the trans pan with a PML oversize cover (magnetic drain plug), clean the screen, and fill it up with MaxLife trans fluid. Going to install the MagnaFine filter as well. Changing a $16 filter every 30k miles isn't going to be an issue for me so I'm going for it.

Also going to change the front and rear differential fluids and the transfer case.

Is it ok to use the MaxLife in the transfer case as well??

The transfer case specifies Nissan Matic D ATF, or Canada Nissan ATF or equivalent, so you should be fine running MaxLife in the transfer case.

Don't forget about the power steering fluid. FSM says that Dex VI or Canada Nissan ATF is acceptable, so MaxLife will work there as well.

Thanks...I do brake fluid and power steer fluid every Sept. in all my vehicles.

Were it mine I would go for Amsoil ATF assuming its spec'ed for the transmission and transfer case. While a bit early, the diff. could get Amsoil Severe Gear Oil. The Magnefine is always a good addition.

But that is personal pref., and MaxLife seems to be talked about here in high regards.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Doesn't it take Matic-S for ATF?

It does in the A/T, but the FSM specifies Matic D for the transfer fluid.

Yes Matic S and if not avvailable Matic J. I called Valvoline and their tech said that MaxLife exceeds both Matic J and S and is safe to use in the Armada trans as well as the transfer case.

The front and read diff oil was pretty clean but glad I changed it out as BOTH magnets were holding on to plenty of metal shavings. I'm assuming from gears seating.

Transfer case fluid looked brand new as did the old trans fluid.

Good for a while now!

+1 on MaxLife in the power steering fluid. I've been doing that to my Frontier via the turkey baster at every OCI. The fluid is working great! MaxLife is in my tranny too and working great as well.

Ok, little issue came up for me. Trying to make sure I have the right fluid level in the trans. I keep getting a "tube reading" on the stick. I ran it git it hot and am checking it the correct way. Just a pain.

The PML cover is 3.5 quarts overcapacity. I'm at 7.5 quart and maybe a few ounces more.

Can any of you Titan/Armada owners confirm a 4qt refil if you drop the stock pan and refil?

Thanks!

Guys on Armada form confirmed 4 quarts for a stock pan drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back