E15 Approved By Feds :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It will keep gas prices down at the pump"

By costing more for a less energy-efficient fuel, and driving food prices and taxes higher.

What will they do if nobody buys it and everybody opts for the E10 instead? I shudder to think about it.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I shudder to think about it.

Me too! I'll try and buy E10 unless there are no other options, and its another reason for me to continue to use a UCL.

I'm definitely going to keep running E10. In the little bit of testing I did, the Jeep runs fine with no apparent issues even with E40 in the tank, but it definitely sucks the mpg down a decent bit.

There's a fix in, and I think it's lobby groups.

My state was trying to make every regular bowser in the state an E10, even when there are considerable older cars tat the state recommends don't run it...they can just up to premium, sort of a "let them eat cake" moment, as they drive old cars because they can't afford premium.

I'm not an ethanol hater, it's useful, when made particularly from sugar, and might buy the new 95 and 100 RON stuff when I get my Caprice back and start playing pulleys, rockers, and a tune.

But 15% across the board...a bit smelly

I must be the only guy on this forum who has no issues with E10 and doesn't mind E15...
Works fine, never had a problem with fuel economy...

I like knowing farmers with poor quality grains that would normally be dumped as feedstock are finding new ways to get paid for it which keeps funds here in this country :p.

But, whatever. Its odd seeing people pay more for "Made in the USA" stuff turn around and hate a decent home-grown fuel supplement so wholeheartedly.

At any rate, E10 is the worst you'll get since at the very least they got stuffed with the "new car" requirements for E15.

I use E10, and have used it for years.

In ND E10=89 Octane, a few places had E0 87 octane, but it was 10 cents more expensive. I used it in a 2006 Focus 2.0 Duratec with a 10.1:1 Compression ratio, and had no issues.

when i returned to NJ, my 1992 Sable 3.8L (distributor based ignition) had no issues with it, despite being unable to change spark timings as much as the focus

my 2003 sable, gets 28-30 mpg on E10 for the highway, and it is not a flex fuel model.

I will use E15 if it is available, since i have never had issues with any ethanol fuel before.

I'm not thrilled with E10 because it is useless for any kind of long-term storage without additives, and is treacherous to use in anything 2-stroke. It also seems to eat any carburetor float it gets near, as well.

Ethanol is unlikely to cause many problems in cars, but it's problems in Marine applications and and other small engines is well documented.

It's pure political garbage and totally unneeded.

Tom Buis joined Growth Energy in March 2009 as the CEO of the
organization. Prior to joining Growth Energy, Buis was elected
National Farmers Union’s 13th president. Buis had been with the
organization since March 1998, previously serving as vice president
of government relations. Buis served for nearly five years as senior
agriculture policy advisor to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle,
D-S.D. In addition, Buis worked for U.S. Rep. Jim Jontz, D-Ind., for
nearly five years as legislative assistant and legislative director. He
was also special assistant for agriculture to U.S. Sen. Birch Bayh,
D-Ind. Before moving to Washington, D.C. in 1987, Buis was a full-time
grain and livestock farmer in Putnam and Morgan Counties in West
Central Indiana, with brothers Mike and Jeff, who continue to operate
the family farm.
Tom and his wife Peggy reside in Maryland and have two sons,
Nicholas and Andrew.

***** Now I see how this bill was passed. Tom Buis has been a busy boy. From farmer, to Lobbyist, government relations, and yes the family farm, oh the special interest group for their own special interest, TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE FAMILY FARM. He left the farm for the big time government machine, smart for him, yes. for the good of the whole nation, hmmm, u decide.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
I like knowing farmers with poor quality grains that would normally be dumped as feedstock are finding new ways to get paid for it which keeps funds here in this country :p.

Aren't farmers still selling their farms because they're going broke? Little farmers aren't making money off ethanol. The multinational corps are.

And people just let them. I bet if people really studied Ethanol in gasoline, they would say no to ethanol. The only way to make things change in the congress is to get rid of the congress and put in someone else. But you got to target issues, perhaps a national referendum on hot topics like this would force them to do the right things.
We are a Republic, we simply elect electors who elect representatives, we are not a democracy.
We are in a sense disenfranchised from issues that people would dearly like to see changed. Big government rules by fiat, by decrees. And the little people have to step lively and keep within the lines drawn by big government.

It's all controlled by who's spends the most on lobbiests and by the price of gas it shows doesn't it. Ethanol or not we pay thru the nose. Didn't Henry Ford's first engines run on alchohol because gas was so expensive at that time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back