180 mph R1 go cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is insane. Scroll forward to watch him pass cars on public roads going 130+ mph. This cart was measured at 180 mph at one time. Has a Yamaha 1000cc R1 engine. Power to weight FTW.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
That is insane but looks really fun. It's probably not anymore insane than going crazy on a crotch rocket. But does he even have a headlight? That thing can't be street legal and it looks like the engine has too much power for the go-kart.

It's completely not street legal and utterly illegal to drive on public roads, especially the way he did. But yea, talk about fun.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
The dude buckled up for safety
lol.gif

Yeah, kind of dumb, in my opinion. In a kart without a roll bar, you're better off being thrown from the vehicle in the event of a rollover. If you're tied to it, it's going to beat you to death as you both roll...

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's completely not street legal and utterly illegal to drive on public roads, especially the way he did. But yea, talk about fun.

Yes, this is why the local LEOs around here (and even the staties on RT.78 West) just let the close to 200 mph top end crotch rockets go when they go screaming by them wide open.

On nice spring/summer days I can hear them out on 78 from my room, all wound out to 14K rpm (or whatever they top out at).
crazy2.gif

How much fuel is on board? 1 gallon? Maybe 1.25 gallon? That is not much play time. Where do I sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back