Cooper STT, opinions and experiences please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm in the market for some new tires and I narrowed it down to cooper stt and toyo mt. Pretty sure I'm going to go with cooper, mainly because of price $300/ tire vs 425/ tire for toyo. But before I drop the cash I figured I'd ask here for opinions.

They will be going on 2011 RAM 2500 hemi. It is used on daily basis on dirt roads and in sticky mud. I also do a lot of highway driving as well.

Thanks in advance. Any suggestions on other tires are welcome if you have real life experience with them, not I got a buddy who has a buddy who has them and they are great lol .

Drop the extra cash and get the Toyos. They're the best combination of off road traction and on road manners you'll find IMO.

Between my brother,my dad and I we've had probably 6 sets. They're excellent tires.

Be prepared to lose about 2-3mpg though. They're very heavy and with their aggressive tread,they have a ton of rolling resistance.

From what i have seen the Cooper STT are VERY good off road tires. They have a very similar tread pattern to a traditional MT but they have siping in the tread which will be good on the snow and ice.

I'd go with the coopers. I've seen them in person.. its a hybrid

design that doesnt give up much Offroad ability for alot of on road confidence and traction.

I've got the Cooper AT3s on my Dodge 2010 2500HD. I replaced the stock Mich. all season tires (next to AT3s). There are an excellent tire both on and off road. I drive my truck off road nearly everyday at work and no problems so far. They do have trouble in sticky mud though. The STT's would be a little better off road but not much really. If U mud alot, go with a pure mud tire that has some siping in the tread.

cooperAT3s.jpg

I know that the majority of oilfield companies prefer the Coopers. Seen them on the majority of trucks in both the Colorado DJ and North Dakota Bakken plays.

I had the STT and they were a great offroad tire and decent in snow. They last 25k miles on 90% gravel roads pulling a trailer. Only ever had 1 flat. They do start to get chewed up a lot after a while. It's a great tire but since we switched to the Goodyear Duratracs, I won't own a different offroad tire again ... Duratracs all the way, outperformed the STT in all categories imho. Might be worth a look and they have the snowflake for winter and ice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
I had the STT and they were a great offroad tire and decent in snow. They last 25k miles on 90% gravel roads pulling a trailer. Only ever had 1 flat. They do start to get chewed up a lot after a while. It's a great tire but since we switched to the Goodyear Duratracs, I won't own a different offroad tire again ... Duratracs all the way, outperformed the STT in all categories imho. Might be worth a look and they have the snowflake for winter and ice.

I 2nd the Duratrac's...best off/on road tire I've ever had, bar-none...and I've had a lot of tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back