Shell Rotella T 15W/40 Victory Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is based on Victory recommending a 2500 mile oil change for my year and model.
As you can see I can and will go much longer next time. I'll send in the next sample at 5000 miles.
Rotella T is just a little over $3.00 a qt. and tested great!!!
I used the factory filter.

6900172940_dd5ea89e67_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
With TBN of 7.4 after 3k miles I would go 7-8k miles with current fill.

Good point. I ride a LOT so extended changes is OK with me.

I had to Google it and saw it was a motorcycle. When I first read it quickly I saw Vega rather than Vegas. Thought maybe they had brought that back. It was a Chevy Vega right?

i normally dont comment on vtwins.

al, fe and cu are very low! nice!

si of 4? did you ride in a clean room? dang that's a good air filter! use only those!!!

keep an eye on lead, nickle and manganese. pretty sure the stoners are background scattering again with these values.

just a hair under 40wt.
flash seems about 10 low, but ok.

i would maybe push it to 4-5k and retest, but i would not jump 7k. doubling the mileage may not be the wisest move.

overall, awesome report from another hdeo. yawn!

steve

Originally Posted By: sunruh
i normally dont comment on vtwins.

al, fe and cu are very low! nice!

si of 4? did you ride in a clean room? dang that's a good air filter! use only those!!!

keep an eye on lead, nickle and manganese. pretty sure the stoners are background scattering again with these values.

just a hair under 40wt.
flash seems about 10 low, but ok.

i would maybe push it to 4-5k and retest, but i would not jump 7k. doubling the mileage may not be the wisest move.

overall, awesome report from another hdeo. yawn!

steve

hdeo?? Victoryeo maybe haha.
I'm going 5000 then retest.
K&N filter, you know the one that lets in all the contaminants. Yea one of those.

Originally Posted By: vindex1963

K&N filter, you know the one that lets in all the contaminants. Yea one of those.

ha ha ha that's funny that its a k&n. well however you oiled it was PERFECT!!!

Originally Posted By: sunruh
Originally Posted By: vindex1963

ha ha ha that's funny that its a k&n. well however you oiled it was PERFECT!!!

Dirty dusty Phoenix also.

Originally Posted By: strat7
Great UOA!...but then again I'm no expert like these other guys. How many miles on the Vic?

10,500 as of today.
I bought it with 6200 5 months ago. Why do people buy them to let them sit. I don't get it.

Sounds good! Yeah, I'm not sure either as I bought my Strat used with 4,100 miles. The owner was older and said his wife couldn't ride with him anymore due to health problems. I didn't understand what that had to do with him not riding though. Whateva. His loss, my gain.
whistle.gif

been using rotella for years in Harleys,and years in Ducatis..900 m,80,000 mi 748.15000 mi and 50000 on a 1000gt classic..no problems..I do use Marvel mystery oil in all of them..oil and gas..really like the T6 bones

Just sent my second sample in. 4 quarts of Rotella T 15w-40 and 2 quarts or Rotella T6 syn. My vic has a six quart capacity and I had a 4 quart jug so I made my own blend. Recent change is all Rotella T6.

4 qts of Rotella T 15w-40 and 2 qts of Rotella T6 5w-40
The Vegas has a 6 qt capacity.

Another great report.

I'm running all 5w-40 synthetic Rotella T6 now. Got it on sale for $20.00 a jug.
Love it!!! even with the cost of this report I'm ahead.

I'm going to send one more sample in of the T6 at 5000 miles to see and then just ride.

8007457548_4e7153d96b_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Nice
That Rotella is robust and see a lot of good things from it.

It is and the price is good. I figured I give them enough at the gas pump.

I think if I read this correctly, that you are going to send in a sample of your T-6 5/40 (no rotella 15/40) at 5000 miles.

I will be very interested to see the results of the straight T-6 5/40 synthetic.
I think you will be disappointed compared to the Dino 15/40.
Though granted, that bike holds one healthy dose of oil at 6 quarts. The T-6 is not as sturdy - viscosity wise as the dino 15/40 in most bikes.

Last edited:
First change at around 3000 miles on the oil with Rotella T 15W-40
6900172940_dd5ea89e67_b.jpg

Second change with 5000 miles on the oil with 4qts Rotella T 15W40 and 2qts Rotella T6 synthetic.
This change went through the 110+ Phoenix temperatures.
8007457548_4e7153d96b_b.jpg

Third change with 5,125 miles on the oil with Rotella T6.
This change had a bad throttle positioning sensor that dumped gas
and I didn't know it until a friend said he could smell gas when I accelerated.
8578910732_6533b815ae_b.jpg

I have to say overall the second test is the winner. 5000 miles, woop [censored] heat and it fared great!! So it's going to be the 4qts of T at $12 a 4qt jug and 2qts of T6 at $20 a 4qt jug. I need to buy a jug of T6 every other change and a Jug of T every change to make my blend.

My bike year has a manufacturer recommended oil change interval of 2500 miles so I'm doubling it to 5000 miles at a cost of $22 oil plus filter.

Do you live near a Tractor Supply store?
They sell Shell RT5 10w40 synthetic blend.

That would make things easier for you, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back