PET Resins for Oil Containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
The clear bottle is a trademark of Quaker State, so if they don't license it we'll only see it on QS and its corporate cousins.

I am not sure about that. Their text, symbols and body shape may be copyrighted, but clear pet bottles are sold through many container companies and used by many cosmetics companies.

Look at the oil thickeners and Smoke reduction products on the shelf at Wallyworld or Autozone. All are in Pet bottles.

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
...we may be seeing more of those Clear bottles of motor oil, etc in PET containers.

I don't see much future in BITOG. We will finally be able to see which oil is best right on the auto-mart shelves!

Maybe some oil companies would start coloring their oils. Red for performance, green for the environment, blue for smokers. Or maybe they'd go Japan-style and make the finished oils clear like the washing-up liquid / cola marketing craze of the 90's (here in the states, that is)! I would surely pay up to $1 extra per quart for "swirly" oil.

Hey, how about putting in little flakes of gold in the oil like they do in some alcoholic beverages! I'm going to patent that idea right away!

Note to the humor impaired: This post is not to be taken seriously.

[ September 09, 2004, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Gerret ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back