Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at RockAuto and I got my choice between:

Chassis Rite - $6.91
Deeza - $20.79
Raybestos - $11.57
Mevotech - $17.91
Moog - $33.79
ACDelco - $36.79

Deeza's website says their parts are made in either Turkey, Italy, or the UK.

What you guys say?

Wonder who makes Raybestos chassis parts....if they are any good,that price sounds like a deal.However,if they are cheaper than Mevotec,you know its really "cheap".

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Where does it say that? I've been looking and I can't find it. The Deeza part might be a good choice, if you know it won't be Chinese.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Wonder who makes Raybestos chassis parts....if they are any good,that price sounds like a deal.However,if they are cheaper than Mevotec,you know its really "cheap".

Affinia is the parent of Raybestos. A few years ago they rebranded the Spicer brand to Raybestos. I think some of their higher-end parts are quality, but they have several quality levels.

Link to press release on Spicer to Raybestos change.

http://www.raybestoschassis.com

Last edited:
I would just go with Moog. There is no question you will get high quality parts. Given the labor for the install and the cost of the alignment, the actual cost of the parts is not a major factor here.

I to am curious about all the manufacturers listed for many parts at RockAuto. I am but a shadetree mechanic, thus I am not that familiar with all the manufacturers out there.

On the other hand, Trav gives great advice.

Spray some PB Blaster on the areas they will need to adjust as part of the alignment.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Where does it say that? I've been looking and I can't find it. The Deeza part might be a good choice, if you know it won't be Chinese.

It was actually a post made by the product development director
of Deeza on the Club Lexus forum. I got mixed up - I'm sorry.
frown.gif

Club Lexus Post #8

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

It was actually a post made by the product development director
of Deeza on the Club Lexus forum. I got mixed up - I'm sorry.
frown.gif

Club Lexus Post #8

Well, the post seems credible.

Quote:
- All Deeza products are manufactured in ISO9001 or TS16949 quality certified high technology facilities in Turkey, Italy, Belgium and U.K. We do not put products Made in China, Taiwan or any other Far-Eastern country in our boxes.

Their website indicates they only have one factory in Turkey and are currently expanding or building a second Turkish factory. I would guess the other parts are contract production for Deeza.

But, I'll definitely consider them in the future, since it appears there's no chance I'll be getting a Chinese part.

Even though the Raybestos part is less expensive than Deeza, it is an extremely good part. I would consider it to be almost as good as MOOG.

What kind of car are you working on and where are you buying those parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back