AFE air filters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used a Pro Dry S on 2 different applications: 1 drop-in, and 1 cone on intake. I really like them. The convenience of being able to vacuum or wash in soapy water, can't be beat. Airaid has an equivalent now. AEM also makes a dry filter, but recommends their cleaner.

just put a pro dry S drop in in my Scion a couple weeks ago. Seemed to fit great, but i wont know how it performs for a little while. Throttle response is a little better, don't notice any power difference, but I don't think you will with a drop in. I've had a Pro 7 drop in in my 08 jeep I used to have, I was very happy with that one.They are good quality filters that seem to fit great, sometimes better than the factory filter.

The Afe Pro Dry S is a first rate filter. It returned a silicon reading of 3PPM in a UOA and fits like a glove. The convenience of not having to oil it is a huge plus. I purchased two so there would be no down time.

I have an AEM DryFlow drop-in panel type in my Forester, but I have also read reviews that the aFe ProDry S is really good, too. Buy either one with confidence.

Here is the long and the short. I replaced my K&N cone (cleaned and lightly oiled as needed) with the largest AFE filter I could squeeze in the SS. The K&N was replaced as it left dust in the intake boot and all over the sensors. The AFE has left the intake clean and bone dry.

I would also like to add the AFE is simply built with superior craftsmanship. BEAUTIFUL!

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!

I have two AFE Dry S air filters on two cars and have no complaints. Didn't really see/feel any difference though I wasn't expecting any.

Main purpose was to have a lifetime filter and ease of cleaning, which it accomplishes.

I know what I want for my Civic next...
grin2.gif

http://www.amazon.com/aFe-31-10033-Air-Filter/dp/B001ABJK86/ref=au_pf_ss_3?ie=UTF8&Model=Civic%7C752&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Honda%7C59&Year=1992%7C1992&carId=001

Good deal or wait?
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: The_Intimidator
Here is the long and the short. I replaced my K&N cone (cleaned and lightly oiled as needed) with the largest AFE filter I could squeeze in the SS. The K&N was replaced as it left dust in the intake boot and all over the sensors. The AFE has left the intake clean and bone dry.

I would also like to add the AFE is simply built with superior craftsmanship. BEAUTIFUL!

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!

After thinking about it and also seeing in a quadratec catalog.... I think very soon I will be getting the aFe Cold air intake system stage 2 with the pro dry S filter.

I have been running a simple K&N dropin filter since I got my driver's license and knew back then that K&N was the 'zing' of what performance enhancements for the 4.0 engine.

Now I am wanting a filter pack just because.... but I know I don't want the K&N filter pack.

I agree I have had the dust on the throttle body every so often when I clean it with the STP throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush. : )

Well, I got the aFe Pro Dry S for the Civic and it made the K&N look inferior. It makes me regret every drop-in K&N I've ever bought. lol. The Pro Dry S is a step up in quality. Better gasket seal overall, a stout form/fit, still a higher flow rate than OE paper media but not at the risk of increased Silicon or particulate entry, plus no oil necessary or in use.
thumbsup2.gif

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9782/1003793j.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1053/1003786o.jpg

^You know which the K&N is.
27.gif

I just looked up what one would cost for a 99tacoma and that may get the aFe filterpack rather than the cherokee. It needs a boost in more air because I have always been skeptical about the weird fiber the replacement wix, stp, and so on filters have looked.

I know that they are fine, but more air means more power in my book.

HI Guys...

Pro Dry S Drop vs BMW OEM ?

I guess AFE is the winner ?

Thx

^Is the BMW OEM a standard paper or a very good quality/possibly synthetic?

AFE Pro Dry S drop-in replacement was great for my app, I'm lovin' it. Can't wait for UOAs to follow, though I was 3,500 miles in on another OCI with K&N to be fair...

Hard to say ... if its paper or synthetic ..

I believe that Mahle or Mann makes oem filters.

LoneRanger said:
I have an AEM DryFlow drop-in panel type in my Forester, but I have also read reviews that the aFe ProDry S is really good, too. Buy either one with confidence. [/quot

Yah, Right!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Yes, Only filter I will buy over EaA!

I have BOTH of the above, and use the EaA for the winter salt dust, and the aFe for spring/summer performance driving.
wink.gif

I put an AFE Pro Dry in my car, but I can't feel a difference in performance. However, some UOAs show that it is an excellent filter for keeping dust out of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back