Disinformation and Ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, Group II base stocks, sounds super.
rolleyes.gif

[ March 21, 2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

I couldn’t resist really T’ing up on this one. That reminds me of an old Ren & Stimpy skit entitled “Ask Dr. Stupid.”

Remember, this is from the kind of folks who brought you the Kyoto Treaty … where Uncle Sam was supposed to pay some non-productive third world country for the privilege/permission to use our own coal fired powerplants. Karl Marx couldn’t have done better himself. :rollyeyes:

“using synthetic motor oil will not reduce your auto emissions.”

Don’t you like short-sighted opinion being presented as fact? Plenty of us feel that synthetic oil is better for the rings and keeps them lubricated without sticking. If this is the case, rings doing their sealing job better would reduce some emissions. But don’t confuse the over-paid bureaucrats with facts, it just befuddles them.

”I would have to say that synthetic oil is not worth the extra cost. If I were to use it, however, I would change my oil and filter every 3,000 miles or 3 months.”

What an idiot. Does he even know what the advantages of synthetics are? It doesn’t sound like it ... and his statement is pure, unsupported, uninformed opinion ... as is most of this release.

“make sure whatever oil you use meets your car manufacturer's specifications ... and to change the oil at the intervals above. These are meant to increase engine life not
reduce pollution.”

Did this guy consider that extending your engine life ALSO reduces pollution? A car which burns less oil pollutes less. C’mon now, this is not astrophysics!
rolleyes.gif
What a dolt!

I’d like to know how much we (the taxpayers) are shelling out for this loser and his package of “bennies.”
confused.gif

Um, on second though, maybe it’s best I not know.
mad.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by 3 Mad Ponchos:
Looks like that first article was written in 1993. A pity it's still online. I wonder what the author would say now, 10 years later.

Cheers, 3MP

I heard that he got run over by the Synthetic Oil Delivery Truck
smile.gif

ok guys, we know what others think the benifets are of synths,

Since we have had this site up there has been a tremendous amount of technical info spilled out, lots of tests and a pile of opinions, so, let's hear the opinions of what you think a synth oil has to offer or not offer over a GF-3 mineral or GF-3 Blend oil now adays.. This would also include the "specialized oils" like schaeffers or amsoil.

quote:

let's hear the opinions of what you think a synth oil has to offer or not offer over a GF-3 mineral or GF-3 Blend oil now adays..

I can't wait to see these opinions. This is a topic of interest for me. From what I've learned on this board, I am having a hard time justifying the cost of synthetics when dinos are so good these days.

What do environmental scientists know about oil changes??

He might have been on target about emmisions (and maybe not)...but then I think he started talking out of his area of expertese.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back