Where to Get a Coolant Analysis Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am familiar with oil analysis, I am new to the field of coolant analysis. I am needing to get the coolant tested in my BMW and I am wandering what companies do coolant testing and which one(s) you would recommend?

Thanks in Advance!

CAT labs will usually do this. You can check with Blackstone, but I doubt it. I would certainly email Terry Dyson @ Dyson Analsyis to see if he can help. He would be my 1st choice.

LuckyDog,

Thanks for the reminder! I was so focused on the Engine and Transmission that I forgot all about the Radiator Coolant. I do indeed have the results - See the image below. Note the report indicates abnormal conditions - because of lack of ELC (Extended Life Coolant) Rust inhibitor. Note I am NOT using Extended Life Coolant - I am using the normal Toyota Long Life Red (NOT their Super Long Life Pink) so the fact that it is missing the ELC additive is not surprising. As far as I can tell, otherwise, the report seems good. The only thing I could use some feedback on is the NITR ppm reading - The report seems to indicate normal - but how good a reading is 600ppm? Fair, good, great, what?

Regards...

Lexus_Coolant.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back