Amsoil Engine Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-12 Motor Tune Up UNIVERSAL ADDITIVE FOR FUEL AND OIL
Use in all gas or diesel machines in any season. Regular use of Berryman Universal Additive results in increased compression, top engine performance, lower operating cost per mile, and fewer repairs. Safe to use for engines equipped with oxygen sensors and catalytic converters.
Part #0316 NET 15 fl. oz. Pour Can

Yea, I too noticed Berryman's "B-12 CHEMTOOL" no longer has the instructions for crankcase use on the can....though, when I went Google searching, I found plenty of images of the "old" can :) Curious if they've changed the concoction....? Or if they just removed the crankcase treatment to "be on the safe side" - say, an engine dies after using it as a flush, and dries to blame Berryman Products, Inc. for the use....

On a side-note, my dealer was amazed at how clean my engine looked last OCI.....granted I change mine between 4-7k.....on conventional Pennzoil; after using Seafoam in the crankcase for 3k.

The only product I see listed on Berryman's site for oil use is their "Universal" additive, but haven't found it in any shop around here...

I used in it my truck at 180k before a fill of Amsoil and it didn't do one negative thing that I can note. If anything it seemed like it drained more deposits.

Originally Posted By: ionbeam22
John, let me put it this way. About two years ago, Berryman removed the instructions for using B12 Chemtool as an engine flush from the package.

Goto autozone and you'll see what I'm talking about. Now why do you think they did this?

Because there are too many idiots out there that try the product and expect it to fix the problem that most of them caused. Too many people are law suit happy and looking for a big payout. I imagine that it's not worth Berryman's hassle.

Ok, I want to use Auto-RX, what is the latest discount code? I'm a member here and at Auto-RX forum but I don't see the discount code posted anywhere?

So I decided to just use Seafoam. I added 6oz of it and run it for a weak. The oil got really dark and the oil got thin, I was using PP when I added Seafoam, Now Im using Mobil 1 0w-40. I notice after using seafoam and chaing oil, I can feel the difference in reaction time and power. I happy with the results.

Originally Posted By: ben805
Ok, I want to use Auto-RX, what is the latest discount code? I'm a member here and at Auto-RX forum but I don't see the discount code posted anywhere?

I can never find discount codes for RX anymore......

My auto shop teacher back in high school turned me on to Berryman products. I have used both b12 and seafoam as engine flushes before oil changes. The berryman is not something you want to drive around with in the crankcase, as it is very strong. It seems to turn the oil very black in 5-10 minutes of idling, where I left the seafoam in for about 500-1000 miles before changing the oil. I have used the seafoam only on 2 cars so far, but the berryman on at least 5-7 including family members' cars. Never had any problems. In fact, when we pulled the valve cover off a Corolla I used to have, my friend was amazed how clean the top end looked. I'm 100% sold on berryman as in-tank cleaner, and it seems to work as well as you could ask for as an engine flush. I use the seafoam through the brake booster vacuum hose to clean the intake and valves. That combination has been working just fine. Never had any fuel system problems and never failed a smog check, and I live in california!

Old thread back from deep sleep...

I used Amsoil's Engine Flush in my 98 Camry with before pictures from under the valve cover, i didn't notice any difference in cleanliness after doing 3x flushes every 5k OCI.

It's designed as a flush to help drain more oil out and help the new oil by leaving some additives behind. It's not an aggressive cleaning agent.

^Well, they even state it has no solvents in it's formulation, it sounds a lot like ARx.
stirthepot.gif

Oh, the irony.
28.gif

I even want to try Lubegard's Engine Flush for such reasons(no solvents, detergents and ester formula etc). Never tried ARx myself, but I have tried Amsoil's engine flush a couple of times and when I did it removed some hardened carbon deposits with the drain. I was pleased, a recent use of Lubro Moly's Pro Line Engine Flush revealed no carbon deposits with the drain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVJO9N7_lc&feature=youtu.be

just ordered Amsoil flush after cutting open my oil filter. please see link for video of filter full of carbon crud. 1996 Tahoe 5.7 v-8 previous owner used Kendall oil. i switched to amsoil at 213 and have changed the oil 3 times and this is the 4th filter. it has over 228k now. going to run flush through it and see what that filter has in it. that filter will have less than 100 miles on it.

do you add amsoil engine flush to a warmed up engine or cold?

Add the flush into a warm engine, then start the engine and let idle for 10-15 minutes. Drain the oil COMPLETELY (may need to let it drains for 1 hour).

^This, especially if a lot of crud is suspected. The longer you can drain the better, in this specific scenario, IMO.

Arctic, is there any chance you could remove one of the valvetrain covers, like on the PCV side?

Used a half can of B12 in my SBC w/ 158K. Top end looked pretty clean through the fill hole so I had no worries doing it. Let it idle for 20 minutes or so and let it drain for a bit. I am a big fan of the B12 as a flush every so often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7BfXlHG...FOcRN9RiNprMSA=

this is the video of PF52 filter i used for flushing. it was on for about 60 miles when i did flush. run it 30 minutes then while running poured in Amsoil Engine Flush and ran for 20 minutes the drained oil and removed filter. poured a quart of oil through while drain plug removed. let it drain all night. refilled with Pennzoil Ultra 10w30 and plan to do a 2000 mile change on that and then use Amsoil again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back