Shelf life of liquid wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a mostly empty bottle of Meguire's Gold Class liquid wax that I used yesterday. I shook the bottle a little bit, and it sounded very watery at first but then thickened up. I think the bottle is almost 5 years old. I applied some to our Fusion, and the wax still worked great! How long does liquid wax last usually? I have a mostly full 10 year old bottle of Turtle Wax also that still works good, too.

If prevented from freezing, it should last a long time. Although a ten year old bottle of TW is pushing it, just because if youre going through the effort, mind as well use a new product that is easier to use and probably better.
Most Meguiars instructions state to shake well as step number one. Im pretty sure it separates in the bottle, regardless of age.

I just used the 10 y/o Turtle Wax on my Focus. It goes on smooth, but isn't as 'buttery' as my favored Meguire's Gold Class. It also doesn't come off quite as smoothly. However, I doubt this has to do with age, since the textures and ease-of-use varies from one product to another. Oh, and it still turned my paint into a giant mirror
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back