John Deere Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to lowes to pick up a few things and figured I'd head over and pick up a oil filter for my John Deere tractor. I about croaked over when I seen the price. 15.72 for a little oil filter!!! Anybody have any other suggestions? It's number is GY20577. And the John Deere oil was 6.00 a quart. It would cost me almost 30 dollars for an oil change!

Originally Posted By: Toyotamike
I went to lowes to pick up a few things and figured I'd head over and pick up a oil filter for my John Deere tractor. I about croaked over when I seen the price. 15.72 for a little oil filter!!! Anybody have any other suggestions? It's number is GY20577. And the John Deere oil was 6.00 a quart. It would cost me almost 30 dollars for an oil change!

Your problem here was going to lowes to buy a Deere filter n oil. Talk about mark up.

"GY20577 when sold in a box by JD is part No.AM125424 this cross references with FRAM:pH8170 or Ryco:Z443 or Purolator: L10241 or Briggs and Stratton:492932S."

Originally Posted By: Toyotamike

From what i understand most OEM OPE motor oil is just HDEO that you can buy anywhere fairly inexpensively. Here is a list of oils i made for myself a few months ago. Also do not forget you can run a straight HD30 motor oil also. Just make sure you do not grab the non detergent 30 grade oil by mistake.

Shell Rotella T 10W-30
1000PPM Phosphorus
1200PPM Zink
Dino oil.
Menards, $13 a gallon.

Mystik 10W-30
JT-8 10W30 Super Heavy Duty Diesel Oil
Phosphorus:1200
Zinc:1400
Dino oil.
Farm Fleet, 2 gallon jug $24.

Mobile 1 5W-30 HM
Phosphorus:1000
Zinc:1100
SL rated.
Full synthetic oil.
Walmart, $26 5 quarts

If my cross reference is correct, that's the same as a John Deere AM125424-the difference being the consumer packaging on your model number. My local JD dealer has them for less than $6.00.

Which model JD is this? Briggs or Kawasaki engine? You have more filter choices than you think.

Joel

I have a LA135 which has the briggs motor. I just realized that the Purolator is the same number as my Toyota Tundra. I'm sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back