Schaeffer grease in P.T.O. U Joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking for a new grease for the farm & commercial lawn equipment. Kinda like having one grease for most everything. Currently using a lithiumn complex, but it isn't staying in the tractor loader pins, 3 point lift arm cylinders & bushings as good as it should. The Schaeffer 238 & 229 seems very popular & have good looking data. I haven't seen a whole lot about using the 238 grease with the molybdenum disulfide & solid lubricant package or the 229 with the synthesized moly & proprietary solid lubricant in the in p.t.o. u joints & c.v. joints. Maybe someone has some experience or opinions.

Last edited:
I have had luck with the calcium sulphate variety. I think thats what it is. I use the delo #2 grease for almost everything and it works pretty darn good. I use it in pto's and low speed bearings mostly. All chassis nipples get it too. I have only had one bearing failure and that was a 10 year old bearing that see's around 500+ lbs of load on it when it spins at about one or two revolutions per second.

Sorry thats calcium sulfonate and it is compatible with alot of other types including your lithium.

Last edited:
Salesrep is there a better choice among the Schaeffer greases than the 229 for pins & bushings, as well as pto & cv joints on farm tractors & equipment?

Tough to beat Schaeffers greases. For these exact applications 238 is the best. 229 or 274 are most excellent as well and more versatile for higher speed applications.

Any of the Schaeffer greases will be a big upgrade compared to an off-the-shelf lithium complex grease.

The 238 No. 2 is a pretty heavy grease, if you want one grease to use year-round look at the 274.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back