Toyota minivan-anybody have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not "rule out" the Honda. It drives better than the Toyota, it's equally reliable (by any standard) and it's very well made. True Delta gives it high marks, as do owners and various other enthusiast magazines and websites.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Honda Odyssey eats AT for breakfast

I think that should read "Honda Odysseys used to eat ATs for breakfast", just like Mopars USED to eat ATs for breakfast. You still see AT failures in both brands, but not at a higher-than-average failure rate.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I don't understand why you wouldn't look at the newest Chrysler vans - like others have said, the new V-6 drivetrain is a winner, as is the rest of the van.

They are probably a night and day difference from the one you have, and if she likes the one you have.....

We test drove a Chrysler Touring-L since the OP and found it to be of lower quality than the Toyota. I will say that you should be able to get a very good deal as they admit they are not selling and seem desperate to do deals.

Not to bash the brand, but we have 2012 Odys with AT issues. Luckily, those are 2-year leases.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Not to bash the brand, but we have 2012 Odys with AT issues. Luckily, those are 2-year leases.

Not to mention the VCM engine.

Well, a dealer finally snagged me with the proverbial offer too good to be true. 2012 XLE FWD. Added benefit AFAIC, it will be built in Indiana with 80% U.S.content. Know what the content is at GM's Ft. Wayne pick up assembly plant? Try 63%.

we have a 2011 V6 with leather. i suppose i regret a little not getting an XLE for the extra chrome bits, but thats all it amounts to. just turned over 10k miles and trouble free. excellent value for carrying around our (3!) toddlers and the entourage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back